Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've got a Harmony 659 and absolutely love it. It's the only way I've been able to get my audio/video system to work effectively.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I havent seen a list of supported IR devices yet (stereo, dvd player, etc.). As the Novii cannot learn new codes this would be essential. Any help?

Thanks

R.
    Hopefully Novii will put one on its website www.novii.tv at some point. It is a pretty big list though.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    the other question I would have about using the novi remote is that unless you are the only one using your system, you would either still have to have another set of remotes or let everyone in the household use your Treo. My Treo stays with me, so doesn't seem to be a good idea to me.
    So does the NoviiRemote Deluxe allow the macros. It appears it does as it lets you define your own buttons and interfaces. This seems like a great feature for me. For example now when I am watching a dvd, I sometimes want to use dvd controls, and then to change volume I have to use a TV control. It would be nice to have a "watch dvd" inteface that had a volume control and the dvd controls. If I don't have it I can create it and not have to switch back and forth between screens.

I just don't know if I am willing to deal with pulling out the SD card to use my phone as a remote. What do others at home do when I have my phone with me.
    Last edited by calvin767; 07/07/2005 at 12:44 PM. Reason: typos
    This is a great product, and thanks James for your review. I didn't know there was such a device for the Treo. While this product will work for about 90% of the normal world, there are some of us that demand a simple learning feature that will cure any of the incompatibility problems with it's code base. I have a $125 All-in-wonder remote that refuses to program to a Satellite reciever I have. The point is, no matter how many codes are pre-programmed into the Novii(or any universal remote), they cannot get every single one.
    Novii needs: learning, macros, button shape/color/position configurable, uhf support, ample memory for multiple home theaters(one in the basement, living room, pool house, ect.), and keyboard configurable. A bluetooth option like treojunkie mentioned would be nice too.
    Has anyone tried the Noviiremote Blaster in a Treo 600? The ads for it only mention the Treo 650, but I don't see why it couldn't work in a 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by calvin767
    So does the NoviiRemote Deluxe allow the macros. It appears it does as it lets you define your own buttons and interfaces. This seems like a great feature for me. For example now when I am watching a dvd, I sometimes want to use dvd controls, and then to change volume I have to use a TV control. It would be nice to have a "watch dvd" inteface that had a volume control and the dvd controls. If I don't have it I can create it and not have to switch back and forth between screens.
    NoviiRemote does this. You can customize the buttons like crazy. If nothing else, you can remap the hard buttons to do TV Volume.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
  9. tux
    does the IR blaster extend the reach of the beam function of the treo as far as beaming contacts etc?
  10. tux
    bump
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12