Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I use BugMe notepad all the time, both to jot down notes, and to remind myself of things with the alarm function.

I really hate the fact that it is so large (551K for the app; 650K for only 20 notes, some with alarms). It also seems to have the following bugs:

1) although I have it set to only alert "once", it chirps continuously until I tap the screen. I really need an unobtrusive alarm that doesn't require me to immediately acknowledge it to stop sounding.

2) when sorting the notes by date, they don't sort correctly

3) unlike the original Bugme, you can't snooze an alarm for a set period of time.

4) I get an occasional memory error problem (plenty of RAM left)

Unfortunately, despite an initial acknolwedgement by electric pocket of my questions, and subsequent followup by me, they have been unresponsive for the past week. I do really like the popup of alarm countdowns. This is one of my really critical apps I use all the time, but would love to find a smaller alternative that works better. Is anyone aware of any alternatives?? The one alternative- Diddlebug-- seems to no longer alarm correctly on my 650 (worked fine on the 600, but I need to have system sounds off, which was fine on the 600).
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    The files for the "official" palmone notepad are posted on here somewhere. It works great and is only about 150k
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Thanks... but if I remember right, notepad didn't have those popup alarms (1 min, 2 min, 5 min, etc, etc). Am I wrong?
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    how about diddlebug 2.9a
    I've always wondered what these prog are for???can't you just set an appointment with a note, that's what I do...just curious what I'm missing
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    Thanks... but if I remember right, notepad didn't have those popup alarms (1 min, 2 min, 5 min, etc, etc). Am I wrong?

yes u r wrong
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    ok- thanks. i will check out notepad. As for Diddlebug 2.9a, the last version available as far as I know is 2.9b, and it has the problems specific problems with the 650: 1) alarm doesn't sound if system sound is off (I need system sound off to not hear click every time a button is pushed), 2) vibrate alarm not supported.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Just tried Notepad. It does NOT have any popup of alarm countdowns that I see. You can only open a screen to set an alarm for a particular time in 5 minute increments. ALSO, it does NOT sound the alarm if system sound is off (same problem with Diddlebug).