1.    #1  
    I was charging my 600, jerked the cord on the charger, which caused it to come loose from the phone, but not before the phone dropped (about 2ft or less) from the desk to the carpeted floor. It has had far worse falls, even from my purse to concrete! Now, NOTHING happens when I press the power button. Nothing happens when I soft reset or hard reset. At first, it did show the blinking green service light, but now even that is out. What have I done???? Is it permanent? Anything anybody can suggest I try before going to Sprint store? (it's no longer under warranty). It's almost like I jerked something loose by it falling simultaneously with the charger cord being jerked out.

Thanks for any help ANYBODY can give, even suggestions of what to try.
    John 3:16
  2.    #2  
    Hi, I'm posting the following message on the 650 forum because I know that's where most Treo users are now. I'm hopeful that somebody here can shed some light on this:

I was charging my 600, jerked the cord on the charger, which caused it to come loose from the phone, but not before the phone dropped (about 2ft or less) from the desk to the carpeted floor. It has had far worse falls, even from my purse to concrete! Now, NOTHING happens when I press the power button. Nothing happens when I soft reset or hard reset. At first, it did show the blinking green service light, but now even that is out. What have I done???? Is it permanent? Anything anybody can suggest I try before going to Sprint store? (it's no longer under warranty). It's almost like I jerked something loose by it falling simultaneously with the charger cord being jerked out.

Thanks for any help ANYBODY can give, even suggestions of what to try.
    Good Luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheresmy600
    Hi, I'm posting the following message on the 650 forum because I know that's where most Treo users are now.
    Issues with the 600 belong in the 600 forum.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    That sucks... I don't know what so say unfortunately, especialy since your phone is out of warranty. Have you tried doing a battery disconnect reset? Perhaps your battery has has diconnected which is preventing the Treo from powering? If you're brave, you also might consider openning up your Treo to see if anything is disconnected? Otherwise, checkout pdaparts.com to see if they can repair your Treo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    Mark Eagle, I know it does. I'm just desperate, and since the phones are so much alike ...
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the suggestion of "battery reset", but I don't see that under the types of resets listed in the manual? I'm I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by wheresmy600
    Thanks for the suggestion of "battery reset", but I don't see that under the types of resets listed in the manual? I'm I missing something?
    TC frequently asked question:

FAQ #63: Troubleshooting. By treo.tc. Status: Public, 3895 views. Flag for Review

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IF you've tried everything to fully reset your Treo and conthing else has worked, consider trying a battery disconnect reset.

Use this procedure only as a last resort. Be sure your device is backed up, because you will loose all data on your Treo (except the standard apps).

This procedure is similar to a hard reset, except that it disconnects all power to the unit. Power is restored upon the next connection to a physical power source (a cradle or cable).

1. Make sure the Treo is disconnected from all power sources.
    2. While holding down the keys: k, Backspace - push the reset button with the paper clip for 4 seconds.
    3. Release all keys.
    4. Allow device to sit for 60 seconds.
    5. Connect the Treo to a power source and turn it on by pressing the power button.
    Do you use a screen protector?? I have seen this happen when the screen protector get pushed too far into the frame on one side. I acts like you are applying constant pressure to the touch screen and gives the appearance of being "locked up."

If you have a screen protector, remove it and see if this fixes it. If you don't have a screen protector, I haven't got a clue.

Good Luck!
    myline = Treo650 w/SprintPCS
    If all else fails, try a battery reset.

FAQ #63: Troubleshooting. By treo.tc. Status: Public, 3895 views. Flag for Review

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IF you've tried everything to fully reset your Treo and conthing else has worked, consider trying a battery disconnect reset.

Use this procedure only as a last resort. Be sure your device is backed up, because you will loose all data on your Treo (except the standard apps).

This procedure is similar to a hard reset, except that it disconnects all power to the unit. Power is restored upon the next connection to a physical power source (a cradle or cable).

1. Make sure the Treo is disconnected from all power sources.
    2. While holding down the keys: k, Backspace - push the reset button with the paper clip for 4 seconds.
    3. Release all keys.
    4. Allow device to sit for 60 seconds.
    5. Connect the Treo to a power source and turn it on by pressing the power button.
  11.    #11  
    I don't have a screen protector. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
    There were some postings before that indicated loose battery could be the culprit. Since your phone is out of warrantee, you could attempt to open it up and try to see what's broken internally.

Either way, you could be looking for a new phone if you can't fix it.