1.    #1  
    I've had my Treo 600 for about a week and yesterday it developed a dot right in the middle of the screen. It looks like the type of effect you get when you press your laptop screen with your finger. The dot is about the size of a finger tip and hasn't yet gone away. Is this screen now junk?
    Take the phone back and get a replacement.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    If it's out of warranty, something you might try is put the device is a food zip lock bag the place in the refrigerator for a few hours. This may help reduce the size of the dot however it's not a permanent fix.

The dot is probably caused by the LCD is leaking liquid and by cooling causes the liquid to contract.

good luck
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, I tried the freezer trick right away without any success. The white spot occurred after having the unit for less than a week. I had to travel before I could get it looked at and on that trip the screen cracked entirely meaning a $200CDN replacement charge from Bell Mobility.

On a side note, I picked up my replacement 600 yesterday, got home and found that the ear speaker didn't work. Now it's two days of using nothing but the ear bud until a replacement arrives.