View Poll Results: Do you have/want an egrip?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Have one already (love it)

25 49.02%
  • Have one already (ehh....)

8 15.69%
  • Wanting to get one.

9 17.65%
  • Don't want one.

9 17.65%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I just recieved my egrips today. It's really easy to put on. I love this thing, just wondering how you guys feel about it.
    Can't imagine not having them. Just ordered some for my wife's new BB.
    I also use them on remote controls at home.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    egrips rock!
    I,ve liked the idea, but what is the impact wheb you keep it in a holster case?
    My egrips are even slipperier than before. Why? Because the rubber peeled off after one week and left the glossy bottom layer on my treo. Am I the only one to have this problem? The damn thing is so sticky that it's asking to be peeled off the base layer.
    I've used them on many devices and think they're great.

My only gripe is that when removing them, about 50% of the time, the rubber part peels off leaving the adhesive still on the device. Then you have to pull, twist, scrape to get all the sticky stuff off. It always comes off eventually. It's just not easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    ...when removing them, about 50% of the time, the rubber part peels off leaving the adhesive still on the device. Then you have to pull, twist, scrape to get all the sticky stuff off. It always comes off eventually. It's just not easy.
    That's why I don't care to use them. My trusty silicone skin case gives me plenty-o-grip and is easy as pie to remove.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I've used them on many devices and think they're great.

My only gripe is that when removing them, about 50% of the time, the rubber part peels off leaving the adhesive still on the device. Then you have to pull, twist, scrape to get all the sticky stuff off. It always comes off eventually. It's just not easy.
    I used them when I first got my phone, but after I had probs getting the thing off after it started to peel, I quit using them
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    I use them and love them - makes the treo much more stable in my hand. As I use a nutshell case, I did not put the large back piece on, just the sides and upper back pieces. No problems with peeling in 5 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    I use them and love them - makes the treo much more stable in my hand. As I use a nutshell case, I did not put the large back piece on, just the sides and upper back pieces. No problems with peeling in 5 months.

Same. Just on the sides, no peeling in 5 months.
    While at the Sprint store to have my original Treo 600 (Oct "03) replaced (camera stops working), I removed the two side egrips and the nubbie and put them on the new (refurb) unit to give me some grip until I ordered new ones.

One of these two side egrips is still on my Treo as well as the nubbie (3 1/2 weeks).

Lucky I guess
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Maybe I got a bad nubbie
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Maybe I got a bad nubbie
    Everyone, check your nubbie!
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Hold on, lemme check my nubbie... yup, still there. pheww
    I did the opposite of others here and only put on the big battery cover piece. It lasted for 2 weeks....still have the side pieces (which I highly doubt would last for 5 months) so i'll have to give it a shot anyway.

It's sad that Palm (much easier than typing PalmOne), can't make the phone outta a material with a little more friction than this plastic provides...too slippery for a $500 device...it'd be cool if egrips could be built into the battery cover....that way you could replace the battery cover and never have to worry about it peeling off after TWO WEEKS!!!

Peace out.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    I did the opposite of others here and only put on the big battery cover piece. It lasted for 2 weeks....still have the side pieces (which I highly doubt would last for 5 months) so i'll have to give it a shot anyway.

It's sad that Palm (much easier than typing PalmOne), can't make the phone outta a material with a little more friction than this plastic provides...too slippery for a $500 device...it'd be cool if egrips could be built into the battery cover....that way you could replace the battery cover and never have to worry about it peeling off after TWO WEEKS!!!

Peace out.
    Just goes to show mileage does vary....I had egrips on my T270 (just the side pieces also) and they lasted for 2 years until the flip broke about a month ago. I used a nutshell case with the T270. Bought a used T600 and first accessory purchase was egrips for it. 2 weeks of sliding it into my pocket (both jeans and docker-types) as well as a weekend of sliding it in and out of the VP6 pouch has shown no peeling yet.

I just wish I had got the egrips with the extra side pieces instead of the single large wrap around. I would prefer the extra safety feeling of egrips at my fingertips but the large wrap around isn't too bad.
    Haven't tried them so I can't really comment but my fingers seem to work fine. "much more stable in my hand" comment seems to be over the top. My treo seems to pretty mellow when I put it in my hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    Haven't tried them so I can't really comment but my fingers seem to work fine. "much more stable in my hand" comment seems to be over the top. My treo seems to pretty mellow when I put it in my hand.
    Okay, let me re-phrase The Treo is much less slippery and I am therfore not as concerned about dropping it (is that better).
    I've purchased about 4 sets of Egrips. One set started to peel, but lasted about 6 months until I replaced the entire unit. No problems with 2 of the other sets. I'm waiting for the 4th set to come in the mail now.

They work great, and I recommend them to everyone who doesn't use a case.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Much better. Thanks for addressing my retarded complaint. I hadn't posted in 2 minutes and was getting anxiety.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast