Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks for all the good comments, I'll try to work most of them in soon.

Unfortunately I didn't get an update ready for release this weekend. I upgraded from the Treo 600 to the 650 this weekend. Took more time than expected, but it is a good upgrade.

I should have something out no later than next weekend.

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroGuy

Unfortunately I didn't get an update ready for release this weekend. I upgraded from the Treo 600 to the 650 this weekend. Took more time than expected, but it is a good upgrade.

Tom
    In the "group" selection section.. are we not able to add contacts to the group via the "cell" and "email" buttons yet? This function isn't working for me unless I'm just doing something wrong *which is highly possible* - I'm guessing we'd use this feature to send out a mass sms? Also, is there any way to opt to set up NotifyThem to open the calendar, or to be a choice FROM the calendar... ie, I have Pam at 5:00 on Wednesday, I want to send her a reminder of this appointment, so I tap on her time in the calendar, and I can go to NotifyThem (somehow, I have no idea how since I know so little about this stuff) and bring up her contact info (cell/email or whatever I have entered for her) - perhaps have the date and time entered? I would choose cell or email and type a little note to go with the appoinment time and send it off then or have it scheduled to be sent later.....? I know this means incorporating somehow with the calendar/datebook/contacts and that could be very well drawn out, but I thought I'd ask.. Likewise, maybe just the ability to see our datebook from inside NotifyThem, because I was setting up scheduled SMS's last night and had to keep going between the two to remember the times/dates of appointments that I wanted to send reminders to. Just food for thought...... I think the app is pretty cute like it is.

Bek
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroGuy

Tom
    Hi Tom,

What's the status on the new version? I also can't paste on the text window of your app using clippro.
    Any news Tom?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    A couple of questions for those who have been using NotThem. What problems have you experienced, if any? Has it been reliable? Any resets? I've noticed that some of my repeating alarms have erased before and I have gotten only one reset while in the application (I tapped on "save" and it reset). Other than that it has been stable. Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues. Thanks.

Rigo
  6.    #66  
    I have had no problems with resets etc. However, I have not actually began using NotifyThem for the purpose I originally intended because I am waiting for the updates that make it fully functional. When PyroGuy polishes the scheduling functionality to operate as smoothly as scheduling a repeating event in Calendar or Agendus it will be fantastic for my needs. Thanks PG, hope you find some free time soon that doesn't interfere with your personal and professional time.
    illbits-
    did this solution fix your problem with your employees? I am wondering if it did all that you hoped it would for you. I am excited to find out the results...it is the one unanswered question.

Great job Pyro!

<><
    my-cool
  8.    #68  
    I have employed it at work and it actually is very helpful but the scheduling functionality is not quite there yet. I'm anxiously awaiting an update though.
    Tom has been busy lately. I wouldn't mind paying for this app just to make it worth his time. I was tempted to buy sms scheduler but the features just doesn't justify the price.
    I'm willing to send $30 to encourage the completion of the app. Groups in particular.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo|rightist
    I'm willing to send $30 to encourage the completion of the app. Groups in particular.
    I would also be willing to donate.
    Thanks for all the support. The company I'm currently working for is in a big push to get a project done and they have me working long hours and weekends right now. Hopefully it will be over soon and I'll have plenty of time to finsish this app and get most of your suggestions in.

Best,
    Tom
  13.    #73  
    Update... As of late I've started managing a new restaurant. This place has a bar so it's open late. Unfortunately my wife and I are 1500 miles apart and on completly different sleep schedules. So for the last couple weeks I've been using NotifyThem every day to send my wife messages when she wakes up (which is also an hour or two after I have gone to bed).

Thanks PyroGuy, don't give up on this project. You have a real winner here.
    What a cool idea! I wish I'd had something like that last night. My son needed to remember to ask his counselor something very important this morning. As I went to bed last night I was thinking how cool it would be if I could send him an SMS reminder 5 minutes before his class tomorrow as he's walking by the counselor's office.
    My schedule was so hectic this morning I didn't send him a reminder message, but it would have worked perfectly if I could have sent it to him last night but delayed delivery until the perfect time this morning.
    I really hope this app happens.
    My PDA history: ditched pre and upgraded back to the Treo 755p, Palm PRE, Treo 755p, 650, 600, TMobile Pocket PC, Visor Platinum, Kyocera Palmphone, Treo 300, Visor Silver, Ipaq H3600, Orig Handspring, and various and sundry other early iterations of PDA's.
    I'd love to see this too. It would be great to be able to schedule an appointment and have this option as an "alarm" kind of feature, not for me but for my clients. It would be great to schedule a client, and be able to chose "Send SMS X minutes before event" and have an automatic appointment reminder built into my practice. Might cut down on "No Shows". In any case, hope this project continues.
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    I too would be very interested in this app!! Updates soon I hope?
    Any news Tom? : )
    Thanks for all the comments.

I will start work on NotifyThem either this week or next, just finishing up a big contract Palm programming job. Now I'm almost through converting everything to native ARM code......

Best,
    Tom
    That's great news Tom! I've been tempted to buy SMS Scheduler but have decided to wait for your development.
    Seriously..... how cool will it be to be setting up a contact in the calendar, adding their birthday, hitting menu to add "Send SMS" and entering "Happy Birthday John Doe!" Talk about instant hero! Always remembering to wish someone Happy Birthday, Anniversary, etc. Not to mention all the professional reasons for an application like this. Thanks Tom for making me look so good.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast