Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Any updates on this? I can't wait..! Please share your progress or beta.

Thanks

Al
  2.    #42  
    I think PyroGuy got called off to a gig so he hasn't had a chance to update it. Please send your feedback to him and let him know you're interested in the project.
    There is a new update to the program posted at:
    http://www.anpeco.com/NotifyThem.html

Notes:
    # Main screen now displays all scheduled SMS alerts.
    # Added cell phone and email lookup to Edit screen.
    # Now supports sending to multiple destinations with 1 alarm.
    # Delete single SMS alarm on main screen implemented.
    # DeleteAll SMS alarms menu option implemented.
    # Added Group Selection / Management screen, but doesn't work yet.
    # Added Preference screen, but no preferences implemented yet.

Things are going slower than I planned, mainly becuase I do have a good paying job in Manhattan at the moment. It is a long commute (Florida to NY every week)
    But I did make it to the Engadget Reader Meetup:
    http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000767048139/
    www.engadget.com is a cool website that posts an amazing number of new gadget stories everyday.

Please leave any comments on the program, I'll try to get out a new release every weekend.

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroGuy
    There is a new update to the program posted at:

Notes:
    # Main screen now displays all scheduled SMS alerts.
    # Added cell phone and email lookup to Edit screen.
    # Now supports sending to multiple destinations with 1 alarm.
    # Delete single SMS alarm on main screen implemented.
    # DeleteAll SMS alarms menu option implemented.
    # Added Group Selection / Management screen, but doesn't work yet.
    # Added Preference screen, but no preferences implemented yet.

Things are going slower than I planned, mainly becuase I do have a good paying job in Manhattan at the moment. It is a long commute (Florida to NY every week)
    www.engadget.com is a cool website that posts an amazing number of new gadget stories everyday.

Please leave any comments on the program, I'll try to get out a new release every weekend.

Tom
    The link still points to the .01 version...although you can just change the 001 to 002.

I like the new version...much better than the original. Being able to look up numbers/emails from the address book is key, since I don't know anyone's # by heart. I look forward to more enhancements!

Thanks!!
    Last edited by ericshmerick; 07/04/2005 at 04:58 PM.

Tom
    In which one of the pics are you??? I heard it was great... (I couldn't make it) anyway Great program, and I hope you will step up to the plate with the SMS answering machine thingy...
    Keep up the great work
    Hmm, I can't get it to send an SMS to a phone #. I get this error:

Message Sent Error!!rc
    = 00004001 00000000

The earlier version worked fine. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    The link still points to the .01 version...although you can just change the 001 to 002.

I like the new version...much better than the original. Being able to look up numbers/emails from the address book is key, since I don't know anyone's # by heart. I look forward to more enhancements!

Thanks!!
    can you please post the correct link? I can't seem to change anything..
    Or send me the zip to mahootzki@yahoo.com Thanks
    First, Thanks...
    Yeah, i also get this message.. Looks like Pyro forgot to take out some kind of bug/debug before posting it.
    @PyroGuy

Great app!

I was just wondering, can you make one that blocks the call and sends an sms to that number automatically?

DK
    "Tell all your friends about me!"

Oops, bad link and a bad bug.... Must be a holiday.

Fixed link on website, still working on the bug...
    So? Is there a link to a version that works?

Al
    Fixed version now posted:

Please let me know any problems and suggestions still....

Thanks,
    Tom
    Thanks, Can you optimize the 5 way nav a little more???

Edit: I am trying to set up a group, but neither Cell or Email work... when I press them, they highlight, but nothing happens.
    Last edited by Mahootzki; 07/04/2005 at 10:10 PM.
    Very nice app. However, there are some bugs that need to be cleaned.
    -After a repeatable sms is set and then submits an sms, if I edit the alert it gets defaulted to disable and the repeat option gets cleared to none. Then, even after enabling all the settings and saving it, the SMS scheduled gets cleared. Very annoying bug.
    -I thought the use system sound was supposed to make a sound after the sms is sent.

Requests:
    -It is a nice feature to be able to access the contacts list, but it would be great to display the name of the contact on the sms list to be able to easily identify them. I don't remember peoples numbers and seeing their numbers doesn't help.

Thanks,

Al
    Thanks Pyro, this is a fine piece of software. One minor nitpick, though: the dates and times displayed are hardcoded to show North American formats. Any chance your program can be a "better citizen" and look up the user's preferred date & time format?

Thanks,

/duckman
    Philips PR95 (NMT) > Nokia 232 (AMPS) > Nokia 5190 & 5110 (GSM) > Ericsson R520m (unlocked GSM) > Treo 650 (unlocked GSM) on Fido
    Did anyone try SMS Scheduler? It's a very simple program but works fine for my needs.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Marianne
    Did anyone try SMS Scheduler? It's a very simple program but works fine for my needs.
    I'm quite content seeing PyroGuy develop NotifyThem. He's doing a great job and it will certainly be a better app then SMS Scheduler. So thanks for the tip but it doesn't really help motivate our good friend PyroGuy with his weekend updates.
    Yeah... you just pushed him to price it... ;-)

BTW PyroGuy, can you please include in the "cell" lookup, the numbers that are labled "other" like in the built in SMS app?
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    Yeah... you just pushed him to price it... ;-)

BTW PyroGuy, can you please include in the "cell" lookup, the numbers that are labled "other" like in the built in SMS app?
    Haha ha. True indeed. I guess I'm subconsciously anxious to purchase version 1.0, as disturbing as that may sound.
    Fixed version now posted:

Please let me know any problems and suggestions still....

Thanks,
    Tom
    I have regular scheduled clients every other week at the same time.. I'd love to schedule an appointment reminder to their email.. any way to implement a bi-weekly option or "custom" reminding schedule?

Thanks.. Bek
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast