Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Well I have something, not as good as I wanted since my wife and I walked down to the Elbo Room last night.....

You can check it out here:
    http://www.anpeco.com/NotifyThem.html

It should be get much better in the next week or so.

Also, if anyone is interested, I posted a sound clip program I wrote last year and asked for beta testers, but never got any. It is a fun program that I use all the time.
    http://www.anpeco.com/ByteMe.html

Please feel free to send any comments and suggestions on either program to:
    tom (at) anpeco.com

Thanks,
    Tom
    Excellent program Tom! Thanks for putting it together so quickly too. It works great for me. Other than your coming soon list there are just a couple feature suggestions I had. Of course please consider I am not a developer at all so I have no idea about the feasibility of these...

1. For sent texts to be added to the built in SMS applications chat threads or sent box to be able to refer to them later and make sure they were sent.

2. Some integration with the calendar -- perhaps one could be in NotifyThem and open up the calendar or a list of events in the calendar as a way to select when the text will be sent.

Course these would just be the icing as this program is already great just how it is. Thanks again for your work on it!
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Thanks Tom! I will try these
    my friends and family are going to think I'm the greatest when I never miss a holiday.
    setting up everything I get When I push the clock to set-up times I get xx/xx/xx in the alarm time? Also repeat reverts back to "none."
    Just downloaded it and I'm going to like it when I figure it out.
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    Thanks Roameo,

I will definitely add a menu option to 'view log' that will show all the SMS messages sent by NotifyThem, and an option to clear the log.

Also, I should be able to add an option to have the SMS alarms show up in the calendar without too much trouble.

Thanks for all the ideas, keep them coming!

Tom
    I would certainly find this app useful. I send numerous sms internationally and occassionally get reminded of the differences in time zones.

Anyway, I currently stick my messages in 'drafts' and set a reminder to send them, but this mode is quite inefficient.
  7.    #27  
    Wow this is exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks to everone contributing. A special thanks to PyroGuy, can't wait to check out the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroGuy
    Thanks Roameo,

I will definitely add a menu option to 'view log' that will show all the SMS messages sent by NotifyThem, and an option to clear the log.

Also, I should be able to add an option to have the SMS alarms show up in the calendar without too much trouble.

Thanks for all the ideas, keep them coming!

Tom
    Thanks for the reply! I've been using the program since you posted it and it's working out great, no problems at all. Thanks for addressing my suggestions too, I just wanted to clarify them both a little, though.

A log of sent messages in the program would be good but even better would be if the sent messages could be transferred to the Treo's SMS application so they show up in it's sent folder or even better, they would show up in existing chat threads with the Treo's SMS application. I understand this might be very difficult, another program has managed to do it though. Of course yours is much better as it's freeware but for reference, it is SMS Scheduler.

As for the calendar integration (which the other program doesn't have at all) a reminder in the calendar would be great! I was also thinking the ability to use calendar events that are already set as a way to setup a SMS in NotifyThem would be great. Not sure if that makes sense or how it could be accomplished. But say I have input my friend's bday or a holiday in the calendar already...when I go into NotifyThem, it would be great to be able to just select that calendar event as a way to set up the SMS instead of having to go back into the calendar, find out when the event it and then go back into Notify them and re-enter the date et al. Make any sense? A much more complex way of doing this which I am sure is very difficult if not impossible would be to be able to be in the calendar, make a new event and in the details of the event, have the option to make an SMS send through NotifyThem. To do this though, the Treo's calendar app menu would need to be altered somehow I guess so I can see how it might be impossible.

Just my ideas though...sorry to write so much on them. And you know, I would like to make a donation to you for your time working on the program and I bet others would as well. Just another idea...
    I've been trying out this utility and I just wanted to say thanks. I'm looking forward to and hoping that it will be developed even more. I think one of the things I would most like to see (I think it was already mentioned in this thread) is the ability to have the outgoing sms show up in the normal treo default sms thread.
    Well I have something, not as good as I wanted since my wife and I walked down to the Elbo Room last night.....

Also, if anyone is interested, I posted a sound clip program I wrote last year and asked for beta testers, but never got any. It is a fun program that I use all the time.

tom (at) anpeco.com

Thanks,
    Tom

WOW! Incredible workso far!

Also, I agree calendar integration would make this an A+ app. If an 'sms tigger' or reminder tab could be somehow added as a contacts field. In addition, a contacts lookup for the To list would be nice similar to the way most email clients work. This would be especially nice for large group sms's; however, I understand this would be difficult to do with calender integration though. Finally, Treo 5-way nav would be great too!

Again, thanks for putting in the time for this great app!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    OK, I downloaded this but have no idea how to start it. Is there a help file somewhere for this?

Thanks
    This sounds like a sweet idea. Also have any of you people heard of "if you want something done do it yourself". Well he's just making sure his employee is getting up on time. And what does it cost him especially if he has unlimited texting. Taking matters into his own hands. Trust me when you're running your own business and not just working for "The Man" you get INVOLVED. Sure he could fire everybody willy nilly for not showing up on time. But what a waste of time having to keep looking for employees. You people make it sound like everyone is a good employee. They're not. Especially on a waiters salary. I would like to schedule SMS's to everyone I know on a daily basis telling them thanks for being my friend and if you could find it in your hearts please donate a lil' to my paypal account... HAHA

tom (at) anpeco.com

Thanks,
    Tom
    Just tried this app out. Nice! 5 way nav needed.
    Hey Pyroguy have you thought about messing with the camera at all. Here are some examples.

Adjusting exposure or changing the function of the email button to do your choice instead of defaulting to MMS?
    Quote Originally Posted by voorson
    OK, I downloaded this but have no idea how to start it. Is there a help file somewhere for this?

Thanks
    Same here. I have no idea how to make this work. Any instructions for this program? A few pointers to get started ?? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    Same here. I have no idea how to make this work. Any instructions for this program? A few pointers to get started ?? Thanks!

What's not to understand? Click new, enter number in "To list", type the message, tap on the clock to setup alarm trigger...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    It looks really good for a start and it is a neat idea. However, I would like to sugguest a few things. I would like to see a confirmation that the sms was sent after doing the test. I click on it like 3 times because I thought it didn't do it and my Treo crashed. Also it seems like the schedule repeats go away when you edit it. Also, it is a must that the sms get linked to the contacts app and display the name of the receiver.

Good job, this app seems to be a very useful one.

Al
    Any updates for this app? I think it will work great to send greetings on birthdays or Holidays. Also, to send reminders about events to other people. For example if I want to remind my boss that I'm taking a day off on a day of the week or remind my family about dinners or things like that.

Thanks,

Al
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roameo
    A log of sent messages in the program would be good but even better would be if the sent messages could be transferred to the Treo's SMS application so they show up in it's sent folder or even better, they would show up in existing chat threads with the Treo's SMS application. I understand this might be very difficult, another program has managed to do it though. Of course yours is much better as it's freeware but for reference, it is SMS Scheduler.

As for the calendar integration (which the other program doesn't have at all) a reminder in the calendar would be great! I was also thinking the ability to use calendar events that are already set as a way to setup a SMS in NotifyThem would be great. Not sure if that makes sense or how it could be accomplished. But say I have input my friend's bday or a holiday in the calendar already...when I go into NotifyThem, it would be great to be able to just select that calendar event as a way to set up the SMS instead of having to go back into the calendar, find out when the event it and then go back into Notify them and re-enter the date et al. Make any sense? A much more complex way of doing this which I am sure is very difficult if not impossible would be to be able to be in the calendar, make a new event and in the details of the event, have the option to make an SMS send through NotifyThem. To do this though, the Treo's calendar app menu would need to be altered somehow I guess so I can see how it might be impossible.
    Agree that the message being transferred to the sent folder and calendar integration would be great. Also integration with contacts to make it easier to select the SMS recipient and an alert that shows the SMS is being/ was sent. Finally- to be able to send the same message to multiple recipients at the same time. I don't know much about developing programs, but I'm willing to donate if it will help add a few more features like the ones already mentioned.
    Last edited by rigo; 06/27/2005 at 01:11 PM.
    Great app, is there going to be an update? please fix the 5 way nav. Thanks PyroGuy, and keep up the good work.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast