1.    #1  
    hey guys, i tried searching around, but hadnt found a relevant thread.

im on my second tre0 650, and having the same problem.

RANDOMALLY, and when i SEND a text message, my treo will reboot. it shuts down, then loads the palm one screen, then the palm powered.. it then goes to phone off mode, and then turns on the phone function by itself.

it does this about 30% of the time when i send a text message. and i have an indicator that i have waiting text messages, but when i click it (or open text messaging manually) there are no new messages.

i have NO 3rd party software installed. i have dont hard resets on both handhelds (which were both new btw, no refurbs) and the problem is still around.

id appreciate any help thanks.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem but not from Text Messages but when I try to answer my phone. It will ring just fine and even beep in my ear piece but just after I hit the answer button. Sometime the caller can hear me start to say hello just before it cuts off. This just started 2 days ago for me.

jOHN
    The same happens to me my phone just automatically resets. I have done a hard reset without hotsyncing and it still resets it self. Sometimes when the phone resets it leaves the phone off and I don't even realize my phone is off until I need to use it. I have done at least 5 hard reset in the past week. Please someone help.... Are there others out there with the same problems.
    I had this same problem but I had my SIM card switched out since it was a known problem (ended in G).

Things were looking up, but today when my phone rang it reboots when I answer. It doesn't matter if I have data services running or not. It just keeps resetting.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    My SIM card ends in an "A" so it is not that for me. Anyone have any ideas?

jOHN
    I had this exact same problem a couple of weeks ago. hasn't happen in a while...but it was pissin me off when it did.

I was responding to messages. nothing. it said I had messages. nothing. I send a message...soft reset. and all old txts were gone.

I got sprint 1.08.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah
    I had this exact same problem a couple of weeks ago. hasn't happen in a while...but it was pissin me off when it did.

I was responding to messages. nothing. it said I had messages. nothing. I send a message...soft reset. and all old txts were gone.

I got sprint 1.08.
    i have sprint 1.08 as well... both phones were, and im still having the problems.

it sounds like this is a somewhat common problem. since i was unable to replicate the problem in front of the tech, they just did a warranty exchange. but i did catch it on video with my digital camera. so i guess ill take that in, and see if they can trouble shoot it from there.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I am on cingular:
    Firmware 01.05
    Treo650-1.02-CNG
    Hardware A
    Anybody try doing a ##ERR# on the dialpad after such a reset? This will give you the error message.

If the error is simply "Fatal Exception" and no line # is given, this seems to be indicative of the problem I am having. It used to be that I would be given the line # in the programs that cuased the crash. However, now, it can be any program that crashes.

Sometimes I get a "low memory" warning message before a crash, but I have over 8MB free internally.

If you do get a program that mentions a line number, write the error down and inform the author of the program. Otherwise, it just may be the same problem we're all having.
    My own unlocked GSM treo 650 lasted for only 18 days before the jinx of infinte rebooting got hold of it. Palmone should be saying something. Or are feeling our pulse and contemplating replacement?
    I can't evn get pass the 'palm powered' logo, so cant try ##ERR#
    ok I went to sprint store today and after 2hrs of waiting they informed me it was a softwear issue. I was told to update to 1.08. so hopefully this fix the problem. I have a bad feeling that this wont fix the problem. I will report back and let you know if this works
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sadetreo
    ok I went to sprint store today and after 2hrs of waiting they informed me it was a softwear issue. I was told to update to 1.08. so hopefully this fix the problem. I have a bad feeling that this wont fix the problem. I will report back and let you know if this works
    i have 1.08 (came on my phone, there is a big "Software 1.08" sticker on the side of the box) and no luck, both phones were 1.08.

I tried telling that that wasn't the solution but they insisted it is a softwear problem.. We'll see. I personally think it is a hardware problem.
    Ok is has been about 12 hours. I did what the tech said do by loading 1.08. once I did that I hotsynced my phone to load everything backup and sure enough about 20 mins after doing that the phone started reseting itself. So I deleted all third party software and just left my phone prefences, ringtones, text mgs, and verichat. After doing that I hotsynced my phone again and it hasn't reset itself since this was about 10pm last night so it has being 12hrs hopefully it stays like this. I just wanted to update this.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I contacted Cingular last night and they are sending me a replacement which should arrive on Friday. Of course I spent a hour on hold to reach them but hopefully this will solve this issue for me.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by sadetreo
    Ok is has been about 12 hours. I did what the tech said do by loading 1.08. once I did that I hotsynced my phone to load everything backup and sure enough about 20 mins after doing that the phone started reseting itself. So I deleted all third party software and just left my phone prefences, ringtones, text mgs, and verichat. After doing that I hotsynced my phone again and it hasn't reset itself since this was about 10pm last night so it has being 12hrs hopefully it stays like this. I just wanted to update this.
    aah! well hopefully that will hold up for you.

i really dont know what else to do, im within my 30 day phone return period, im tempted to just ditch this turd.

any last minute suggestions? ...im going to go to a sprint store tonight.
    I had gotten a G sim card in my Treo when I first got it. After setting things up and doing some syncs I encountered the rebooting problem.

I took the sim card back and things seemed to go ok. I then started experiencing worse problems.

I did a hard reset on the device back to factory settings, reloaded all of my apps, synced, and things have been MUCH better.

I still get weird resets like when I try to record a movie onto my memory card in the higher resolution. It just resets.

I think Good Link is causing some of the other resets too, but I cannot be for sure just yet.

Moral of the story, if you switch sim cards, do a fresh reload / sync.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    OK I got a new phone (replacement) from Cingular and well the same thing is happening. I am thinking it is a software conflict. I was also wondering if it could be something with the SIM card since it is the same SIM card. I will try a different SIM card later tonight and see if that helps. I am not looking forward to having to reenter all my contacts etc. if it comes to that.

jOHN