Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I am now having issues sending messages through VersaMail. No problems receiving messages from my work Exchange 2003 server, but now when I send and email from my 650 w/ VersaMail I get errors like: 550.5.7.1 Unable to relay for name@domain.com or 501.5.5.4 Invalid Address. In all cases the address to which the messages are being sent are valid. Any ideas if my settings are off?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmwingate
    I am now having issues sending messages through VersaMail. No problems receiving messages from my work Exchange 2003 server, but now when I send and email from my 650 w/ VersaMail I get errors like: 550.5.7.1 Unable to relay for name@domain.com or 501.5.5.4 Invalid Address. In all cases the address to which the messages are being sent are valid. Any ideas if my settings are off?
    I had a similar problem using my RoadRunner account (cable service). It won't relay. So I had to use the Sprint smtp server instead of RR for sending email. If anyone has a better solution, it would be great.

Rob
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Interesting. The unable to relay message usually comes when sending to my home email account which is through Comcast.
    I had the same problem with my work and home VersaMail account set ups. I could recieve but not send. Sprint had me change the outgoing server to the Sprint smtp server and then 2 pages back under advance, check the box use authentication (ESMTP) with my sprint user name and password for both account set ups. Outgoing has worked like a charm ever since.

The outgoing mail still appears as having come from your home or work e-mail address -- it is just going out thru the Sprint server.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    My Versamail has also started to "fail".

My error message is

"533 5.3.0<>...Missing domain part"

Anyone know what this is?
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)