Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Not sure which apps might be best candidates to delete, maybe only temporarily, so that I can get to 11MB of free space in order to install the 1.08 update. One of the things I would like to do is move pictures from a PhotoSuite program I beamed from my old Palm into the Pics&Videos appl. that came on my 650. Is there a way to do this w/o a disk? Are there other nonessential appls?

BTW, what will I get from this update? is there a fix yet for the Local Network Time bug discussed earlier?
    Got a SD card?

Move the pictures there.

Delete Docs to Go -- you can reinstall that easy enough.

Main fix is for memory allocation -- You will be able to store about 30% more on the Treo 650 than you would have if you didn't do the upgrade. Capacity gets back to almost 600 levels.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I don't have a memory card now but can get one if necessary. Is there a way to move the pics w/o a card?
    Why are you installing sprint update version 1.08 when the next version 1.10 is supposed to be released in the next few weeks?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmwingate
    Not sure which apps might be best candidates to delete, maybe only temporarily, so that I can get to 11MB of free space in order to install the 1.08 update. One of the things I would like to do is move pictures from a PhotoSuite program I beamed from my old Palm into the Pics&Videos appl. that came on my 650. Is there a way to do this w/o a disk? Are there other nonessential appls?

BTW, what will I get from this update? is there a fix yet for the Local Network Time bug discussed earlier?
    Try Linkstart. It's a freeware that allows you to move most applications to the memory card. Once you're done with the update, just move everything back to RAM if you want to. You will need an SD card however.
    I simply did a backup to my SD card. Then did a hard reset, this deleted everything. I then ran the 1.08 update and then did a restore from the card. I was up and going in 10 minutes from start to finish.