Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hey All,

I just got my 650 yesterday and want to know what you guys use as an email client (my server talks IMAP).

Thanks

Stevo
    in that case Chattermail
    but snapper is also good

and the standard versamail i liked as well
    If your IMAP server supports the "IDLE" command, I would go with ChatterMail
    if it does not support it.. then try them all and see which you prefer.
    Palm V -> Pocket PC -> Treo 650 GSM
    ----------------- ^
    Slipped to the "Dark Side" for a while, But I'm back
    I use snapper, a little pricy but worth it!
    "Someone call the Whambulance"
    Photo Blog
    My Space
    Free: Versamail
    Best POP: Snappermail
    Best IMAP: Chattermail
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I use Snappermail
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    I am sold on Chatter completely. Once you've used a push email client there's no substitute (in my opinion).

Chatter offers partial HTML support via a stripped version of Blazer and it will start remdering HTML within Chatter in the next two months (tenatively).

I really like it and the dude who developed it is very good to work with, always quick to help out.

Give it a try.
    JW
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Thanks guys... I've got Chatter installed and it's pulling down email as we speak!

So another question - how much bandwidth does Chatter use? I know it's all dependant upon how much email you get, but should I sign up for an unlimited data plan or could I get away with a 4MB plan?
    I was on an 8mb plan with the old AT&T -- used it up quite often. Go unlimited if the pricing differential is not ridiculous. I'm on unlimited with Sprint for $15 a month.

E-Mail and unlimited Web!

Cheers, Perry.
    I agree that you should get the unlimited web, if it is not too expensive. That way, you can stream Shoutcast radio streams, download and install larger apps on the fly, surf the web, and email without worries.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Versamail is working great for me.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    I liked Versamail until one day I was typing <thumbing> an email, then I went to attach a picture. When I came back, ALL my text was gone.
    Then I going into my sent items would reset my Treo every time. Of course, after I deleted the versamail ram files, it didn't crash but I'm still pretty pissed off about the whole thing....still haven't decided on a new client, but I'm not going back to versamail.

Anyone using Agendus Mail? (I turned off the hotsync and the SMS messaging...just using it for retrieving/sending emails. SMS still comes to the built-in app.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekuzco
    I liked Versamail until one day I was typing <thumbing> an email, then I went to attach a picture. When I came back, ALL my text was gone.
    Then I going into my sent items would reset my Treo every time. Of course, after I deleted the versamail ram files, it didn't crash but I'm still pretty pissed off about the whole thing....still haven't decided on a new client, but I'm not going back to versamail.
    Which version of Versamail was that? I had a couple of issues w/ the original version, but haven't had any w/ 3.0C
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    I don't use email much on my Treo except to send pictures. I was having trouble with Versamail in that I could not send messages with attachments so I switched to Snapper. I also use Snapper sometimes when I went to send a message. Because of Gmail's strange handling of email I use Gmail-Lite when I want to check my email.
    I don't know if I'd recommend Chatter on a 4MB plan. I don't know exactly how much it uses, but I wouldn't want to chance one month's worth of a screw up. I had Cingular put me on an unlimited plan and the next month they had to adjust off $2142.00 because they forgot to apply the feature. I would have hated to try and talk my way out of that without the account notes saying I was on the unlimited plan.

Unlimited for me was like $25 as opposed to $15 for 4 MB and it was worth it to me to be able to download and such without monitoring the data usage. On the month with the screw-up, on one occasion I had been streaming Shoutcast all the way to work (an hour) and it was like 3 or 4 hundred bucks and about 4.5 MB.

One time getting hit with one of these massive bills would have justified the unlimited plan.
    Last edited by Fry-man22; 06/14/2005 at 05:34 PM.
    versamail 3c and gmail work like a charm. If its not broke, why fix it
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Seven
    It's free and it now opens documents in their native format.
    If your server talks Lotus Notes IMAP, forget Versamail. It will jumble the messages. Chatter is the only mail program that works reasonably well with the Notes IMAP server.
    Hey folks.
    I started using Snappermail back on my Treo 600 becuase it supported HTML email, and it had a better sync-ability with POP than the built in app.
    Now I have the Treo 650 (since Feb.)
    I stayed away from Versamail because people had so many complaints about bugs and at the time I was still really happy to keep using Snapper.
    But I just installed the Treo update today (includes Versamail 3.0) and I gave Versamail a shot for the first time today with my Yahoo Mail just for the hell of it.

I have to say, I like Versamail so far. It renders HTML email better than Snappermail which has always been my complaint about Snapper... that the HTML email support is there but weak.
    So why should I keep using Snappermail over Versamail? I think I'm going to switch to Versamail. Anyone found any specific compelling reasons to stick with Snappermail for POP mail?
    I use XPress Mail for my exchnage mail so I don't use the activesync on Versamail.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    1. The emails I have seen render better on Snapper.
    2. I don't think Versamail has a "junk" feature like Snappermail, which makes it easy and fast to burn through tons of emails.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast