1.    #1  
    I've recently switched from a PocketPC device. In many ways the PalmOS and software seems artificially intelligent. In other ways it seems primitive.

Is there no way to copy and paste appointments in the calendar? I've looked at Agendus, Beyond Contacts, and about every other 3d party programs, and nothing seems to have this basic but essential capability. I reschedule the same events many times in my profession and I need a way to simply copy an event to the new date without having to re-typed it!
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcknoxville
    I've recently switched from a PocketPC device. In many ways the PalmOS and software seems artificially intelligent. In other ways it seems primitive.

Is there no way to copy and paste appointments in the calendar? I've looked at Agendus, Beyond Contacts, and about every other 3d party programs, and nothing seems to have this basic but essential capability. I reschedule the same events many times in my profession and I need a way to simply copy an event to the new date without having to re-typed it!
    This one is a simple answer. Click on event you wish to move, hit "details", Change date and you are done.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, NRG, but that would then remove the appointment from the original date. I need to maintain a record of each event setting.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Thanks, NRG, but that would then remove the appointment from the original date. I need to maintain a record of each event setting.
    You can also highlight the appointment, hit the menu key+c, goto day and time you wish to paste, then hit menu key+p. Does this help you?
  5.    #5  
    That will merely copy the highlighted event name. It will not copy the location, date, time, category, etc. You cannot "select" (as far as I can tell) the entire event, like you can on a PocketPC.

Some 3rd party software will let you drag and drop in the week/grid view, but only within the same week.

I can't believe this issue hasn't come up before.
    That will merely copy the highlighted event name. It will not copy the location, date, time, category, etc. You cannot "select" (as far as I can tell) the entire event, like you can on a PocketPC.

Some 3rd party software will let you drag and drop in the week/grid view, but only within the same week.

You mentioned Agendus and it seems to have a couple of options that you might want to check out (in the event that you haven't already). The first is the option to just simply make a template, at first blush this would seem to accomplish what you would like to do. From then on, you can simply just plugin the template onto whatever date you desire. The second option is the "schedule followup" option that agendus has from within a particular appointment. As it's name implies, this function should simply schedule a follow up appointment with pretty much the same name and info as the initial appointment.

I think that there are probably quite a few third party applications that have these common features (including Datebk5) but it just might be a case where you weren't aware of the feature set that each of them offers. Hope this helps.
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts

I do not know what to say. Maybe, why do you need to keep the old appointment if you are rescheduling? Are these appts. at set intervals?
    DateBk5 will allow you to do this.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    The second option is the "schedule followup" option that agendus has from within a particular appointment. As it's name implies, this function should simply schedule a follow up appointment with pretty much the same name and info as the initial appointment.
    That just might work. A co-worker has Agendus on his 600, and I just tested it. Not perfect - but it does cut down on data re-entry somewhat.
    Agendus has one more option.

In (split) day view you can tap and hold on an appointment, a popup menue will open then. If you choose "Duplicate" or any similar from the menue, the selected appointment will be duplicated.

This should work for contacts as well.
    Not sure about the 650, but on the 600 the native calendar app has a 'template' feature. Tap 'New,' then 'Template' and select from several appointment templates that you set up. I use templates instead of typing in appointments most of the time. Hope this helps.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    DateBk5 can do this by selecting the appointment to copy, hit menu + "copy item". It will then pop-up the details screen, at which time you can change the time,date,etc.
    The built-in calendar on my T600 has the same function, except accessed via menu + "duplicate item". Not sure if the T650 has this in the built-in calendar.
  13.    #13  
    Thanks for all the replies. I'm experimenting with both DateBk5 and Agendus to see which I like better. (I tried both before - just didn't stumble accross the copy features).