Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I would like to have a folder/folders on my Mac automatically synchronized to my Treo's SD card. This would be primarily for syncing music and video daily. I've read about a couple of PC solutions, but haven't seen anything for the Mac. Missing Sync allows you to export the SD card to the desktop, but provides no auto sync mechanism, and requires you to first run the Missing Sync util on the Treo before manually copying files/folders.

So, does any solution for this problem exist?
    try www.versiontracker.com

There are a ton of syncing utilites, some free, some really good that might do what you need.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I'm aware of Versiontracker, and had done some searches before. Nothing I've found presents itself as an automated Mac -> Palm SD Card folder sync solution.
    Most let you define which folders you want to sync, and which drive to do it to. So I'm assuming you cna insert the sd card into a card reader and run the script. Is that what you had in mind?
    That is what the new automator program in the new Mac Tiger operating system is all about, designing automations to multistage tasks. Give it a try, maybe it will help you.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcD
    Most let you define which folders you want to sync, and which drive to do it to. So I'm assuming you cna insert the sd card into a card reader and run the script. Is that what you had in mind?
    Sorta, but I could do that with a shell script, or as cellmatrix suggested, Automator/AppleScript. The word "automatic" to me means that when I hotsync, the files get synced. Taking the SD Card out of my Treo and putting it into a card reader isn't automatic, nor is running Missing Sync's card export utility. Appointments, contacts, pictures, etc. are synced automatically, why not my music and movie files?

I understand it's not trivial, but with all the interest in "podcasting", viewing movies on the Treo, etc. I figured someone might try to tackle this.