1.    #1  
    I'm not exactly a wiring whiz, but I'd like to use my TomTom GPS with my motorcycle. can anyone suggest how I might be able to connect the cigarette lighter hookup from the TomTom receiver to my mc battery? (I am less worried about the Treo running out of power than the TomTom unit, since in my experience the GPS seems to eat up far less of the Treo's battery than the satellite receiver's.)
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfield
    I'm not exactly a wiring whiz, but I'd like to use my TomTom GPS with my motorcycle. can anyone suggest how I might be able to connect the cigarette lighter hookup from the TomTom receiver to my mc battery? (I am less worried about the Treo running out of power than the TomTom unit, since in my experience the GPS seems to eat up far less of the Treo's battery than the satellite receiver's.)
    You need a female cigarette adapter which you would then wire to either a switched live connection, or failing that direct to the battery.
    Make sure you wire-in a fuse as near to the supply as possible and put in the smallest fuse you can buy.
    All of the above should be found in any good auto spares shop.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfield
    I hope you saw this product

http://www.tomtom.com/products/produ...=80&Language=4

cause in your case I think it will be the best idea
    Powerlet makes accessories that let you do exactly what you are looking to do.

You do *probably* want to wait for the rider though considering it's weatherproof, and has an earpiece.
  5.    #5  
    thanks for all the helpful responses. Powerlet looks very interesting, i'm going to delve in there, i think. i've already got a hookup for my heated vest but i think maybe rather than try to convert off that, i'll either do the Powerlet or the female cig lighter deal.

i've seen the TomTom page, and it does look nice, probably something i'll look at down the road. at the moment, however, it's not available for one thing, and for another i'm riding a crotch rocket (and planning a summer trip) -- think i'd probably wait till i get a sport tourer in a year or two.