1.    #1  
    Here is the issue that I have: everytime I launch, either Sheet To Go or Word To Go, my internal memory goes down by aprox. 1.5MB. It seems strange because I actually used DataViz tool and I moved the application and all the files to the SD card. So, everytime I use now the Docs To Go, I have to go back and move again everything to the card in order to get that 1.5MB back.

any thoughts on that? Btw, I just upgraded to their latest version, I think 7.006.
    I also see that I can constantly go and re-move the apps over to the card (via the tech tool) and get back about that same 1.5Mb. Strange. Obviously, something gets moved into RAM when the app runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by horatiub
    Here is the issue that I have: everytime I launch, either Sheet To Go or Word To Go, my internal memory goes down by aprox. 1.5MB. It seems strange because I actually used DataViz tool and I moved the application and all the files to the SD card. So, everytime I use now the Docs To Go, I have to go back and move again everything to the card in order to get that 1.5MB back.

any thoughts on that? Btw, I just upgraded to their latest version, I think 7.006.
    This residual program amount remains in regular memory if you do not close out of the file you are viewing in Docs to Go before skipping to another program. If you close the file, then move to another program -- the 1.5mb should not stay in regular memory. Closing the file tells DTG you are done and it can move the program back to the card, if you do not close the file -- DTG thinks you are not done and keeps the program at the ready.

Cheers, Perry.
    Perry, good point about closing documents. I find, however, that there is no menu command to "close" and when I save my doc and quit DTG it remains open in the residual memory. How do you close a file??
    It is the door icon in the lower left of your screen.

Good luck!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Hi finkkatz!

I believe they are talking about this: when you have a DTG file open, the far left icon on the bottom of the screen is a door, tap that and the file you are in closes and you are back to your list of files screen. Then you can skip to a new program. . . .

Yes?

Cheers, Perry.

You beat me to the send key Tony!
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/14/2005 at 09:28 AM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    This residual program amount remains in regular memory if you do not close out of the file you are viewing in Docs to Go before skipping to another program. If you close the file, then move to another program -- the 1.5mb should not stay in regular memory. Closing the file tells DTG you are done and it can move the program back to the card, if you do not close the file -- DTG thinks you are not done and keeps the program at the ready.

Cheers, Perry.
    that makes sense Perry, thank you!