1.    #1  
    Hi, im new to using the treo and ever since i've gotten my treo 650, it never froze nor resetted at all. I just wanted to know what programs is a must have for the treo, mostly utilities. I would also like to know what kind of screen protector is great for the treo.

Thanks!
    What do you want to do with your Treo? There will probably be software to do it!!

Start with the basic apps that are loaded. Work with them awhile. Get comfortable with the device. Definitely install Documents to Go that either came pre-installed or on the CD. This will help you open email attachments. Get your Versa Mail accounts set up and running.

Browse the software categories and titles here at Treo Central. This will give you an idea of what is out there. Browse this forum for awhile. Much has already been posted and written. I spent 3 months here before I bought, listening. (or is that reading?)

Treo ownership and use will be a journey, rather than an arrived at destination.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/13/2005 at 09:40 PM.
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Wulong001
    Hi, im new to using the treo and ever since i've gotten my treo 650, it never froze nor resetted at all. I just wanted to know what programs is a must have for the treo, mostly utilities. I would also like to know what kind of screen protector is great for the treo.

Thanks!
    Lei I would do a search for "must have apps". This should pull something up.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I spent 3 months here before I bought, listening. (or is that reading?)

LOL! I spent almost the same amount of time browsing this forum b4 i bought my treo.

btw. I read alot about versa mail not working properly for some reason here but is it really free to read ur email through versa mail?

And what is this uninstall program people have for their treo?
    Alot of people have bought third party e-mail software that have better features than VersaMail. VersaMail does what I want it to. I would start with it, then read the product descriptions and features of the others -- to see if you want or need to move to one of them. VersaMail is a "pull" program -- you have to ask for your mail manually or set a "get" function to go every so often. Other programs are "push", where the email comes to your Treo as soon as it hits the server. Of course, these programs use more battery power.

Cheers, Perry.