Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I can't seem to get to Mundu's web site since last Friday.

I'm interested in trialing the software, but get 'Site unavailable, under construction' when I go there. I had viewed the site previously while researching Mundu, VeriChat, etc. But ...

Is it just me? Try http://www.munduwireless.com

Anybody know what's going on there? That seems like a long time for a business' web site to be down.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    It s up again!
  3. GXX
    V3 is out, anyone try it?
  4.    #4  
    Yep, it seems like the web site is back!

I am using V3 and think it's great. I don't do a lot of file transfers or any of that, but use the IM services. In V3 they support 'background' mode so I get a notification if I receive an IM while using another app. You can reply right from the notification, or can go into IM mode and use it as you normally would.

Pretty cool stuff. I registered V3 yesterday.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    I just tried this today and it does seem to work great. The only 2 problems I see are:

1. It won't vibrate for a background notification even though it is set to. The popup screen comes up, not no vibrate

2. There doesn't seem to be an auto-reconnect for when you are talking on the phone and the GPRS drops, or if you end up out of coverage and back in coverage

I love the fact that you only have to pay for it once.
  6.    #6  
    I hadn't realized that vibrate doesn't work, but you're right. I'm going to report that as a problem to Geodesic.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    One other weird thing that happens is that suddenly my Treo "wakes up" every 10 seconds now. It's not that big of a deal except that I'm assuming it is going to burn a whole lot more of my battery. Does anyone else have this problem?
  8. GXX
    Does Mundu stay connected to data all the time to keep you online?
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyGOP
    One other weird thing that happens is that suddenly my Treo "wakes up" every 10 seconds now. It's not that big of a deal except that I'm assuming it is going to burn a whole lot more of my battery. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Yes, I have the same issue with the screen turning on. I emailed support about this, no reply yet.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnking
    Yes, I have the same issue with the screen turning on. I emailed support about this, no reply yet.
    Hmmm, I haven't experienced this. Is it staying on for the normal amount of time before your screen blanks, or flashing, or what?

I assume you mean when in background mode, right. Isn't happening to me.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Is it possible to change the display name in mundu of a contact? Remembering whose ICQ number is whose is pretty difficult...

Thanks!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc
    Is it possible to change the display name in mundu of a contact? Remembering whose ICQ number is whose is pretty difficult...

Thanks!
    Nope.

That is a bit of a drawback, but didn't bother me too much because I only use AIM and Yahoo!, and I recognize all my buddies' names.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk
    Hmmm, I haven't experienced this. Is it staying on for the normal amount of time before your screen blanks, or flashing, or what?

I assume you mean when in background mode, right. Isn't happening to me.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk

Basically the screen turns itself on automatically whenever it is running in the background. It will stay on until the treo turns itself off after 30 seconds, or whatever the setting on the treo is at that time. This doesn't happen if I log out of Mundu so I know it's Mundu that is causing it.

It's too bad because this seems like exactly what I have been looking for, but I may just have to suck it up and buy Causerie.
    The background vibrate seems to suffer from the keyboard lock thing that other developers have encountered but there is a work around.

Unfortuneately the background mode does not play well with Chatter at all.

No flashing here though.
    Pete
    My alerts work fine but I'm getting the screen turning on when in background mode issue. A few times I've seen "push center button" keyboard lock message come up and start flashing on and over very rapidly. This is definitely an issue. Off to send email...
    Ya I am having the same problems mentioned above (No vibrating alerts and the screen turning on when running in background mode). The problem is that it is such a battery kill. I also have sent three e-mails to support but have heard nothing back. Anyone have any luck hearing from them? Should I just go Verichat? I just do not want to pay annually. I welcome any suggestions
    I received an email today, with an attached updated version of V3. It does fix the Treo being kept awake problem, can't speak for the vibrating alert issue, haven't been able to test that.
    I never got any relies back, so I sucked it up and finally bought Verichat. It works as advertised, but I'll still be annoyed in a year when I have to basically buy it again.
    The update fixes the flashing screen problen however now it takes away it disables the pop-up from background mode. And vibration doesn't work for new messages still. Thanks for the update though I appreciate it.
  20.    #20  
    Hey y'all, is the update you're talking about generally available, or just by email to those who are making specific complaints (i.e. it's beta)?

Thanks,
    ChickenHawk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast