1.    #1  
    In the OEM Treo 650 calendar app, can you store a phone number in the appointment so when it alerts, you can click the link to dial? It does this in VersaMail...

Is there any calendar/datebook app you can dial a number stored in the appointment?

BTW, this not a number in my contacts, just a number I typed in my appointment to call (as in a conference call with an access code too).

This is what I miss about having separate devices...
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    FieldPlus. You highlight the #, press center button and Treo dials it.
    DateBk5 too does this AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $you$ $link$ $to$ $the$ $contact$ $when$ $you$'$re$ $making$ $the$ $appointment$. $I$ $think$ $you$ $can$ $also$ $put$ $a$ $phone$ $number$ $into$ $an$ $appointment$ ($without$ $having$ $the$ $person$ $in$ $the$ $Contacts$) $and$ $it$ $will$ $dial$ $them$, $although$ $I$'$m$ $not$ $seeing$ $how$ $to$ $do$ $that$ $offhand$ $messing$ $around$, $keeps$ $bringing$ $up$ $the$ $address$ $book$.
    TAKEphONE does this as well - highlight any ph # in any app and it can dial it.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    MarknDial (www.pdaapps.com) also does this with any phone number in any program...it's easy to use and very helpful!
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13
    FieldPlus. You highlight the #, press center button and Treo dials it.
    And it is free!!
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    And it is free!!
    Now theres a good feature

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    DateBk5 too does this AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $you$ $link$ $to$ $the$ $contact$ $when$ $you$'$re$ $making$ $the$ $appointment$.
    Yes, here's how: Using the stylus, tap on your linked contact within a calendar entry. Then tap on the "D" at the bottom right. This will bring up a list of phone numbers associated with that contact. Tap the one you want and it dials...

Now I just wish it would work with the 5-Way Nav so it could be a one-handed operation...
  9.    #9  
    Thanks, I'll check these apps out.

I wish someone would write a DA for dialing a phone number (free, and make the dialer page NOT come up!).

This makes me really tempted at times to learn to write for Palm devices...just not time right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by JEMShoe
    Thanks, I'll check these apps out.

I wish someone would write a DA for dialing a phone number (free, and make the dialer page NOT come up!).

This makes me really tempted at times to learn to write for Palm devices...just not time right now.
    Hi,

Afraid the interface supplied by PalmOne for dialing only works via the built-in dialer, so ANY application that will make a call will cause the dialer page to pop up.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com