1.    #1  
    I have a couple of issues that are constant enough to force me to ask about them.

The first one is this.

Occasionally, my Treo 650 will hang for quite a few seconds while in an app. Say I click new to create a new memo or email ot click OK to close a dialog window; the system will lag and when it finally wakes up, it attempts to do several things because I click several things before I realized it was hung. Touch to search on this because it happen with many apps. I do get the hang while pressing the power button before it will respond.

The second issue is this.

Occasionally a call will come in and provide the choice to anwser or ignore. If I click on either option, the phone will just hang up and cannot recover unless I take the 650 from the zipper case, slide off the cover and pop out the battery or reset it. I thought it was Treoguard or Ringo, but it does it with just the basic built-in tones from PalmOne. It appears that a run-away code is causing it. When the phone is reset, the phone services will turn itself on automatically but there is a phantom process running. I can tell this because if I try to dial the last caller (pressing the red button twice), the list will not display (it disappears immediately). This disappearing dialong occurs too when I press and hold down on a app icon in LauncherX. The normail reaction would be to display the catergory list and allow me to change the category of the app that I have chosen. The phantom process will reject any popup while in this state. Another soft reset or even a warm reset does not resolve it.

I have not been able to consistently make it stop. SOmetimes it stops after I make a call. Other times it stops rejecting popups after I launch an app like MegaBowling.

Has anyone seen one or both of these issues?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    what background applications are you running? Not sure? Tell us what you have installed...
    Do you have Snapper? That did it too mine.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Howitzer
    Do you have Snapper? That did it too mine.
    Yes I do have Snapper installed. Which of the two issues are you staying you are exeriencing with Snapper installed:
    The Phone app locking and requiring a reset (then the dialog windows won't popup)

or

The looooonnnnnngggggg lags when clicking on stuff?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    what background applications are you running?
    SnapperMail is the only thing that has background actvities. It check email every hour on the hour from 8am to 8pm. I have always suspected that the phone locks occur when a call is attempted when snapper starts it auto check. Since the phone app's incoming call screen does not have a time, I can not tell.

But then again it occurs on the weekend when Snapper does NO auto mail pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    Tell us what you have installed...
    I have tons of stuff, so it would be easier to say what I don't hve loaded. I will use Resco Explorer or BackupBuddyVFS to export a list later today.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com