Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockery
    I think this is an Intellesync issue. If you go to their web site, they have a proceedure for doing this correctly. I had the same problem with Lotus Notes. My fix was:
    1). uninstall everything...
    That was the basic process for me, and I found the process from the Intellisync web site.

good luck.
    Dear Dockery,
    Between your step-by-step suggestions and your citations of Intellisync's help pages, I am feeling more hopeful! Don't know when I'll get a good 60-120 minutes to plow thru trying it, but I am looking forward to doing so, with more optimism now! Thanks. I'll let you and the forum know how it goes.
    -- Josh
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockery
    1). uninstall everything...
    Dear Dockery,

One more question. When I do the thorough uninstallation and scouring of all traces of these programs by going into registries and directories (things I only vaguely understand) how much stuff will I lose that I might not want to lose? Everything on my Treo is still on the Treo, safe and intact. Will I screw anything up by doing this super-thorough uninstall-reinstall process? As in, will I have to re-download and re-install all the applications that it's taken me weeks and months to find, acquire, purchase, register, configure, etc.???

Not like I have a choice, so I'm going to do it. I just want to know how much damage I will incur and have to take care of afterwards. Thanks.

-- Josh
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Hi Josh,

My guess is you will lose everything. I am probably the only person who doesn't install a lot of applications on my Treo. I use it mostly for contact management and the Calendar, so I honestly didn't have this to worry about, and I'm unsure where these programs install themselves to on the hard drive. I'm only guessing here but I would guess that they would stay on the Treo, but the next time you have to do a Hard Reset, they would have to be re-installed on the computer.

Did the Web links come through, and did they make sense? Let me know if you need more help.
    I have a New Unlocked 650 because my 600 was stolen from me when I was traveling from Singapore to Bangkok. Mixed blessing?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Oh, and if it works for you, tell us that too please.
    I have a New Unlocked 650 because my 600 was stolen from me when I was traveling from Singapore to Bangkok. Mixed blessing?
  5.    #25  
    Dockery,
    Which Palm Handheld Patch should I install? I had been using the first one, but the IntelliSync updates service suggests I should use the new Palm Handheld Patch 2.
    -- Josh
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Hey Josh,

You must be using a different version of Intellisync than i am. I never got that question. I am running: 5.01.02 Build 1039.228.
  7.    #27  
    I'm afraid I'm using IntelliSync 5.3.2, necessary to sync with Novell Groupwise 6.5's calendar. I own Intellisync 5.2 (or 5.3, can't recall from here at home), with the 5.3.2 upgrade downloaded from them and burned on CD.
    -- JOsh
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Sorry Josh, I've been traveling.

Did you get it to work yet?
  9.    #29  
    It all finally works, and I think I know what happened. For the record, it is the IntelliSync Palm Handheld Patch #2 which made everything finally work again the moment after I installed it this morning.

I figured out two things which caused all this mess. First, I brought home my original Treo 650 sync cable to try on my home Apple iBook, where sync'ing was still working with my extra cable and my Treo. And I discovered that my original cable doesn't work unless I jam it very firmly into the Treo connection socket continuously during hotsync. Stop holding it tightly in place, it loses connection in the middle of a hotsync.

And that's in fact what I think occurred in the first place. I suspect (vaguely remember it going this way) that the defective hotsync cable first failed during a sync at work with my work PC. Must have done some sort of irreparable harm to either the Treo or the Dell PC's ability to connect. Uninstall and reinstall of everything, followed by proper install and configuration of IntelliSync and it's patches, got everything working again.

Good thing I bought that spare sync cable for home use. That's what I'm using at work currently where it's needed.

Y'think PalmOne will replace my not-even-3-month-old sync cable?
    -- Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by RoTTyLr
    2) Right-Clicking on the HotSync Icon in the taskbar tray area choose --> Setup --> Local --> Serial Port: COM1 Speed: 9600. The speed was initial set to "As Fast As Possible"
    I wiggled the cable connection and did the recommended step above, and it worked for me!
    c a r l n u n e s
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > iPhone( ) > Treo 755p
    WATCH THIS BEFORE POSTING
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej
    It all finally works

Outstanding!
    If you are tired of the cables, go with bluetooth. I love it, and I hate working with those cables. Half the time it wouldn't connect with the cable. You could get a little USB BT dongle and take it with you to use with both computers.
    For what it's worth, I had a similar problem, where I got a Windows XP error message:
    "USB Device Not Recognized". I was using one of the Seidio USB extendo-cables. I wiggled the cable to no positive effect, and finally decided to use the Palm-supplied cable. The hotsync worked fine after that. My guess is that the more-delicate Seidio cable is probably picking up too much electrical noise which would interfere with the signal.

-Clint
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    If you are tired of the cables, go with bluetooth. I love it, and I hate working with those cables. Half the time it wouldn't connect with the cable. You could get a little USB BT dongle and take it with you to use with both computers.
    I've never thought about using Bluetooth. What do I buy, and how do I configure it to HotSync. For that matter, with BT and no cable, how do I push the little hotsync cable button to start a hotsync when there ain't no more cable involved???? Feel free to cite links to your favorite BT product pages.
    -- Josh
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12