Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I hate...HATE TREOS! I started with a 600 with verizon, moved to Cingular for a 650 - that lasted 20 seconds, switched back to verizon with their 650. I have spent countless hours on various levels of tech support - right now I am working on an hour and 41 minutes.

I called because hot sync was not working and I was unable to send email yet I was receive mail. Well we fixed the hot sync issue but now wireless sync does not work nor can I browse the web. So now I can't send or receive mail.

You fix one issue and then it sprouts another. The beautiful thing about this is that this is my darling bosses phone and he refuses to move to a blackberry where our lives would be oh so much easier.

I am on the verge of total destruction...think the crazy guy from the movie Office Space. I'd start the fire with this piece of junk treo!

I hate verizon and hate palm and hate treo. I am sure they hate me back. They Must...to construct such an elaborate web of conspiracy to drive me to suicide.

Alex
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ekuzco
    Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by alexafree
    I hate...HATE TREOS! I started with a 600 with verizon, moved to Cingular for a 650 - that lasted 20 seconds, switched back to verizon with their 650. I have spent countless hours on various levels of tech support - right now I am working on an hour and 41 minutes.

I called because hot sync was not working and I was unable to send email yet I was receive mail. Well we fixed the hot sync issue but now wireless sync does not work nor can I browse the web. So now I can't send or receive mail.

You fix one issue and then it sprouts another. The beautiful thing about this is that this is my darling bosses phone and he refuses to move to a blackberry where our lives would be oh so much easier.

I am on the verge of total destruction...think the crazy guy from the movie Office Space. I'd start the fire with this piece of junk treo!

I hate verizon and hate palm and hate treo. I am sure they hate me back. They Must...to construct such an elaborate web of conspiracy to drive me to suicide.

Alex

It sounds like you're not too computer savy. Most of these issuse have been
    discussed in countless forums. You should have searched the forums first.
    [tony]

Alex
    Sigh....

Step 1: Get rid of Smartphone. You don't need one.
    Step 2: See Psychiatrist
    Step 3: Be cautious with the medication. Meds alone don't cure you.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  6.    #6  
    I am computer savy. I have been through all the forums. I know more than those on tech support at verizon. NOTHING WORKS...It never ends.
    I am computer savy. I have been through all the forums. I know more than those on tech support at verizon. NOTHING WORKS...It never ends.
    Apparently you don't know enough.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

8.    #8  
    Fair Enough...but jeez I am not an *****. I mean I get along in this world without having to wear a helmet...I didn't ride the short bus to school. I was hoping for some morale support...

...thanks for nothing.
  9.    #9  
    the thing is I get this thing comptetley up and running and then hand it off to my very much un-techy boss who proceeds to slam it on tables, get sand in it, etc...
    ...he is part of the conspiracy.
    I wasn't trying to bag on you Alex... Just thought you could have solved your problem before returning your 650. Your boss seems like an *****.

Fair Enough...but jeez I am not an *****. I mean I get along in this world without having to wear a helmet...I didn't ride the short bus to school. I was hoping for some morale support...

...thanks for nothing.
    [tony]
    Its funny how people bag on those frustrated with the device...
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorypierce
    Its funny how people bag on those frustrated with the device...

Actually we bag on those that make ***** blanket statements. Looking of r solutions is one thing. Whining for the sake of whining is another.
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Ok guy, its time for the whambulance!!!!!
    http://www.bestinthewestjets.com/04i...hambulance.gif
    "Someone call the Whambulance"
    Photo Blog
    My Space
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    Actually we bag on those that make ***** blanket statements. Looking of r solutions is one thing. Whining for the sake of whining is another.

Thanks.... Couldn't have said it better.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Email me...jct0420@yahoo.com...

You have a wonderful piece of technology, Young Alexa...you just need to learn you to use the Force...
    As one who learned the hard way about the datamangler patch, as well as several other issues that just WERE NOT a problem with the Treo 600 (d%^^%mn it why did I switch!?), I think a valid point is raised - the Treo 650 is a poorly designed device.

Remember when PalmOne tried to blow off criticism of 40% less available RAM by claiming the "whiners" were just a few "power users" that the device wasn't designed for anyway? Now reading this thread, it seems fellow treo users are razzing this user because they are NOT a "power user." Hell, I've owned 80% of every non-Sony Palm device produced since 1998, and the Treo 650 is just a miserably thought-out device. Period.

I was stunned at the stability of the Treo 600 - fast, few crashes, (and the occasional "network search" hardware death). Could have been the basis for several excellent followup Treos.

Instead, PalmOne took what worked in the Treo 600, wrecked it with NVFS and datamangler, added bluetooth & a readable screen, entirely different accessories, stuck the reset hole behind a miserable-to-remove battery cover and put it on the market.

Power users or plain old dumb bling-bling purchaser, the Treo 650 is NOT a simple device to configure and keep running. You can't fault people for blaming PalmOne for marketing the device as though it is, nor for being a little upset that they've been taken for 6 Franklins on these Edsels.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Maybe this could be of some help:

I have to change com port in the HotSync setup depending on what kind of sync I'm doing (one com port for syncing via USB, another for Bluetooth etc)

Some operators don't let you use your the outgoing SMTP for your E-mail account. You have to use the operators outgoing SMTP. That's the case for me. No big deal and the person in the other end doesn't notice any difference.

Good luck!!!!
  18. GXX
    Hotsync worked right out of the box for my VZW 650. PEBKAC?

Outgoing (SMTP) email server, which one are you using? There are a lot of variables that can cause you not to send email out. Can't exactly tell since you didn't provide much info.
    Alexafree,
    can you make the beneficiary of your treo if you suicide?
    Quote Originally Posted by GXX
    Hotsync worked right out of the box for my VZW 650. PEBKAC?

Outgoing (SMTP) email server, which one are you using? There are a lot of variables that can cause you not to send email out. Can't exactly tell since you didn't provide much info.
    What's that???
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast