1.    #1  
    The Acura TL has bluetooth and is stated as being compatible with the Verizon Blackberry 7250 and Moto V710 phones. It states that the Treo 650 is NOT compatible. I've tried to pair my 650 with this car and it does not work. My friend has a nokia phone with bluetooth and the Acura saw it and works with it instantly. Is PalmOne just clueless or what?

From the Acura web site:

Treo 650:
    Non-Compatible
    These are phones that did not perform critical operating functions due to software issues or noncompliance with Bluetooth handsfree profile specifications.

http://www.handsfreelink.com/dev/fin...carrier&cid=5#
    Agreed, the 650 sux with bluetooth. I stopped using the b/t headset after a few days of unenjoyable static.
    Just because of the incompatabilty of the Acura, and static from the headset, doesn't automatically mean the BT ont he 650 sux. It syncs very nicely with my bluetooth Dell notebook and my Sony HBH-660 sounds good and clear and connects quickly.

Sorry yours is not working so well, but after reading the BT forum, there are some headsets that work better than others.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    Just because of the incompatabilty of the Acura, and static from the headset, doesn't automatically mean the BT ont he 650 sux. It syncs very nicely with my bluetooth Dell notebook and my Sony HBH-660 sounds good and clear and connects quickly.

Sorry yours is not working so well, but after reading the BT forum, there are some headsets that work better than others.
    I believe there are other cars that the Treo 650 is not compatible with. I use a 660 and know it works well with the 660. And from other experiences here I also see that it works well with the TWH and possibly the Logitech.

But, bluetooth is a standard by which if implemented correctly on a divice, that device should work with many other bluetooth enabled products. So far, from my readings of postings about the Treo 650's bluetooth in various forums on Treocentral.com, mytreo.net, pdaphonehome.com, howardforums.com, etc., I've noticed a whole lot of people complaining about compatibility, range, functionality and missing features of this device.

Now I am not saying that only the bluetooth of the Palmone Treo 650 sucks, probably there are other phones and devices out there that also have crappy bluetooth. If all that is important to you is having a headset that works great with your Treo then you are probably content with the HBH-660. I would be too if that is all I want from a bluetooth capable device. But, I want to be able to do more with this the Treo's bluetooth, and it is capable of more if only PalmOne works on it.