1.    #1  
    I got Snapper mail a few weeks ago and really like it. But, for some reason, I cannot send anything from my HOME email address. I can, however send everything from my WORK email address. I DO have it set up the same way I do on my computer.

Anybody know what could be up? I get a error log that says "command failed:550 relaying mail to 'the address I am sending to' is not allowed"

I then take the same message and change the sender to my WORK email and it goes with no problem.

One other thing, if I send an email from my HOME address to another email from the same server (ie. cox.net to cox.net) it will go.
    What OUTGOING mail server are you using? Most likely it has to do with that....but that's just a guess.
    Sounds like the outgoing mail server you are using does not allow "relaying." Meaning they require you to be logged in to send mail. Many ISPs do this to prevent SPAM.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Sounds like the outgoing mail server you are using does not allow "relaying." Meaning they require you to be logged in to send mail. Many ISPs do this to prevent SPAM.

I have COX, and have a feeling that they do not allow it. You said that I have to logged in to do that..............what do you mean exactly?
    Cox does not allow relaying. I talked with them when I got my first Treo. I have set my smtp to smtp.sprintpcs.com using authentication. Use your Vision username and password and it will send just fine.
  6.    #6  
    OK, that makes sense. It is just as easy to send it from work, but wanted to know what was up. At least I can get email from them.

Thanks for the replies. Anyone set GMAIL up on Snappermail? Does it work well?