Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The Treo 650 GSM unbranded new firmware 1.28 will be released THIS MONTH!
    Upgraded my Treo 650 and works perfectly!!!

Release notes:
    - New Versamail 3.0 C
    - Memory issue fixed -> more free space .... (still 21,4 MB free with clean Treo)
    - Updated MMS client
    - More carrier profiles
    - No more spontanious resets...
    - Audio gain problem fixed
    - Lot of bugfixes

See attached screendump!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by darklord; 06/15/2005 at 01:53 PM.
    great !

and what about volume ? increased ?
    How soon is very soon?
  4.    #4  
    I heard it will be released somewhere this month!
    "heard" ? What is your source?
    If you upgraded yours, where can I get the file to upgrade mine?

Tripp
  7.    #7  
    I got my info from PalmOne itself!

Sorry, I cannot provide you with the ROM. You'll just have to wait (a bit longer). Don't want any trouble with PalmOne.
    I don't know why they just release it right away.....
    screenshot of your treo 650 with 1.28 please.....
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
  9.    #9  
    I really don't care if you don't belief me. I'm not going to that much trouble to convince you! It would be really sad if I would make this up....
    Maybe if I don't have anything better to do, I will post a picture with the ROM version, but don't count on it.
  10.    #10  
    I'm posting this news, so you don't have to try and **** up your Treo with a unsupported firmware, when you can wait a while longer and upgrade with the supported latest version.
    Quote Originally Posted by darklord
    - More carrier profiles
    - No more auto-resets...
    I'm intrigued by these two - could you elucidate? Are the "carrier profiles" the quick setup options within WorsaMail? And if the Treo no longer auto-resets, what does it do when it encounters a fatal error?
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    I got my info from PalmOne itself!

Sorry, I cannot provide you with the ROM. You'll just have to wait (a bit longer). Don't want any trouble with PalmOne.
    I don't know why they just release it right away.....
    Do you know if they have changed the Bluetooth stack?
    show us the screeshot
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    I'm intrigued by these two - could you elucidate? Are the "carrier profiles" the quick setup options within WorsaMail? And if the Treo no longer auto-resets, what does it do when it encounters a fatal error?
    The problem was that the Treo resets itself to often. This problem should be fixed now. This has nothing to do with other fatal errors. It just doesn't do it that often..... According to the releasenotes.....
    It will support more carriers (maybe in Vermail too). That's all I know.
    what about the volume (speakerphone for example) ? did you notice any inproovement ?
    i dont think he would know if there was a difference...if i am not mistaken this is his first Treo 650 (from the way it sounds)

thanks btw
  17.    #17  
    You are right, this IS my first Treo. I still am a Pocket PC user....(oops)
    I haven't had much time to use it myself. Later this week I will have more time to start playing around.... Maybe a picture too ;-)
    You are right, this IS my first Treo. I still am a Pocket PC user....(oops)
    I haven't had much time to use it myself. Later this week I will have more time to start playing around.... Maybe a picture too ;-)
    I knew I was right But yeah there is nothing wrong with A PPC, to everyone their own

it would be great if you could supply us with a screenshot...use this program Snap When you set up the hardkey function...choose CONTACTS from the pull down menu which will correspond to CALENDAR on your Treo 650. You know the pic has been taken when you hear a system beep (if you have the sound on of course). The pics will be saved on your SD card under PALM/PROGRAMS/SNAP

thanks again man
  19.    #19  
    Thanx. When I have it I'll post it here. Sorry, I cannot give any more info.... Maybe after thursday I can :-))
    Thanx. When I have it I'll post it here. Sorry, I cannot give any more info.... Maybe after thursday I can :-))
    hmm i wonder why you said thursday...quick someone queue the orchestra with that heavy thinking astonishing fact sound
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast