Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 171
  1. #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by Levyesq
    The updater is up for the unlocked GSM - go look.

    where?
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
  2. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Would it have been more difficult to post the actual URL rather than go find another post with the URL in it
    http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...reo650updater/
    The official release update for the GSM unlocked is there.
    No Cingular or AT&T however, that may still take some time.

    IMHO I think it makes sense to direct people to that URL because it also takes them to the thread where most of the useful discussion regarding the update is taking place.
  3. #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    IMHO I think it makes sense to direct people to that URL because it also takes them to the thread where most of the useful discussion regarding the update is taking place.
    Good point, I hadn't seen the new thread. I think we should let this thread die. (I just had to have the last word now didn't I)
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  4. BigTex's Avatar
    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by darklord
    The Treo 650 GSM unbranded new firmware 1.28 will be released THIS MONTH!
    Upgraded my Treo 650 and works perfectly!!!

    Release notes:
    - New Versamail 3.0 C
    - Memory issue fixed -> more free space .... (still 21,4 MB free with clean Treo)
    - Updated MMS client
    - More carrier profiles
    - No more spontanious resets...
    - Audio gain problem fixed
    - Lot of bugfixes

    See attached screendump!!!
    Alot of folks owe you an apology
    Last edited by BigTex; 06/18/2005 at 10:46 AM.
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

    Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
  5. #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    Alot of folks owe youo an apology
    AMEN!!!! Bunch of #$)_(%*)@(#$!!!
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
  6. #147  
    Darklord said that he had 1.28 as an SD upgrade pack. It would be great to take a look at the SD installation to see if ROM customization is possible with it.

    After all the apologies, can we get the SD version of 1.28 posted somewhere?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  7. #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    I think you're confusing two terms of art. Unlocking will allow you to use SIMS from other providers. Firmware updates will potentially correct existing problems and/or add new features. Based on your post, I'm guessing you need a firmware update, not unlocking the phone.
    I wasn't clear about my questions.

    First, I assume that I CNG means that I am on a locked phone with Cingular. I need some clarification on that. I would like to find out how to unlock it. I am also unfortunately on the ATT version of the treo which they have told me isn't compatible with the cingular version because of the smaller sim card.

    Second, If I try to update my phone with an unlocked version of firmware upgrade, does it risk anything with Cingular, or with stability?

    It appears as though the everyone is happier with the unlocked version, and in the long run, that's where I want to be. I just don't want to get screwed by Cingular which it feels like I am going to be anyway since this phone is supposedly not entirely compatible.
  8. #150  
    How ironic - 1.28 is available - and I don't see anyone here apologizing to Darklord for their disbelief. I appreciate Darklord putting is foot out there and telling us it was enroute. I don't blame you one bit for not posting it!!!! THANK YOU!! And WHEW - I went from .2 MB free to 15.1MB - Perfect timing!!!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
  9. #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24
    How ironic - 1.28 is available - and I don't see anyone here apologizing to Darklord for their disbelief. I appreciate Darklord putting is foot out there and telling us it was enroute. I don't blame you one bit for not posting it!!!! THANK YOU!! And WHEW - I went from .2 MB free to 15.1MB - Perfect timing!!!

    Darklord is a stud and the bad posts did not phase him.

    I thank him for taking the high road on the topic and for telling me that the new great stuff was coming.

    Have a great weekend all !!!!
    Unlocked -1.51---117-CNG
    Handspring Deluxe w/phone->Treo 180->Treo 650
  10. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    Alot of folks owe youo an apology
    Ayep. But apparently they're too busy eating crow to take time to post an apology.

    Thanks, Darklord! If anyone gets hold of an SD version, PM me and I'll add it to my beta FTP site.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  11. #153  
    I'm glad that Darklord is right, and I congratulate him on his 1337 source. I believed once I saw screenshots. However, I have to admit, if someone else posted something like "1.30 coming in July! I got it from a friend!" I still wouldn't believe it. I still think if folks post stuff like this some proof wouldn't hurt...
  12. #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by JakiChan
    I'm glad that Darklord is right, and I congratulate him on his 1337 source. I believed once I saw screenshots. However, I have to admit, if someone else posted something like "1.30 coming in July! I got it from a friend!" I still wouldn't believe it. I still think if folks post stuff like this some proof wouldn't hurt...
    So if someone has good information from a reliable source but is unable to prove it at that time you would rather they don't post? IMHO, I would rather hear about it and take it with a grain of salt.

    By the way, thanks Darklord.
  13. RobM's Avatar
    Posts
    477 Posts
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    So if someone has good information from a reliable source but is unable to prove it at that time you would rather they don't post? IMHO, I would rather hear about it and take it with a grain of salt.

    By the way, thanks Darklord.
    Its the Cry Wolf Syndrome. You have others saying that something is coming on such and such a date where as they are in the know...then it never happens. Their post count is always very low, and they seem to have contacts on the inside. I can understand why people are hesitant to accept the info as truth. The individual has to prove it to others. In this case Darklord was correct, either from being in the know or by some other means. So next time, people will most likely believe him/her if he/she say they know some new upgrade or feature is coming.

    But you cant blame people for being skeptical...its our nature


    rob
  14. #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    But you cant blame people for being skeptical...its our nature
    Skeptical I can understand, but some of them were downright hostile.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  15. #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    Alot of folks owe you an apology
    Agreed.

    I have been away for 3 days, so I wondered if the apologies had been made yet.

    Not that I can find
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  16. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    Darklord said that he had 1.28 as an SD upgrade pack. It would be great to take a look at the SD installation to see if ROM customization is possible with it.

    After all the apologies, can we get the SD version of 1.28 posted somewhere?
    Considering that the beta releases were available as SD updates -- but not the GA.. hmph! -- I'm betting that what Darklord had was a release candidate. But if you check my post in the GSM firmware update thread, you'll find it's quite easy to use SD to stage the files to you device manually and run the device customizer. sure, it wasn't as simple as popping in an SD card and watching it go, but it was damn close. :-) And i didn't have to play footsie with HotSync to do it.
  17. amf
    amf is offline
    amf's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    #159  
    DARKLORD:
    Sorry man!
  18. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by amf
    DARKLORD:
    Sorry man!
    A man of honor stands up. ( or lady of honor if such be the case)
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions