Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    jgm - Tks, is CJKOS stable on 650? Is it the best option (way) to access Chinese web pages?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
  2.    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by calico
    I think the official 1.28 version won't be a SD-Update. It will be a Treo650-Updater programm.
    The one I got IS a SD Update. You need a clean SD card and put the firmware on it'll startup insering it in the T650. I was told 1.28 will be the final release coming next week or so. But I think (hope for n00bs) they will create a more simple installer for it....
    Darklord - thanks very much for this stream of information. I know that you have ignored the negative stuff that went on and I am very glad that you did. Your info is giving me hope that the shortcomings of my 650 will be fixed soon and I can start using it as a phone rather than just as a (expensive) PDA. Keep up the good work - it is much appreciated by many.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric
    jgm - Tks, is CJKOS stable on 650? Is it the best option (way) to access Chinese web pages?
    Very stable. Haven't found anything it doesn't work with yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    Very stable. Haven't found anything it doesn't work with yet.
    By the way. I also recommend Plecodict, a great Chinese-English, English-Chinese and soon Chinese-Chinese dictionary. It includes a very useful flashcard utility if you are studying Chinese. http://www.pleco.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dtmfjunkie
    Update must be coming soon. P1 has updated their T650 update site http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...reo650updater/ with all the wireless carriers who carry the 650. (Refering to Rogers in particular which wasn't there when I checked yesterday.)
    Even more important, it no longer has that lame "No Update Necessary" statement - it just states the truth there is "No Update" available.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    If I'm reading this right, Versamail v3.0c is new to this version of ROMs?

Just curious since we've had it for a couple months from Cingular on the ROM update they'd given us a will back

Firmware 01.21
    Software Treo650-1.08-CNG

this has been relatively stable (but not perfect)...hopefully this latest firmware/software package will fix the rest (whenever cingular gets around to releasing their version)
    Versamail 3.0c is also in v1.23 firmware...
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    And in the Sprint 1.08....and it's working well for me.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
  10. agi
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    And in the Sprint 1.08....and it's working well for me.
    Same here. So far, so good!
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davisdog
    If I'm reading this right, Versamail v3.0c is new to this version of ROMs?

Just curious since we've had it for a couple months from Cingular on the ROM update they'd given us a will back

Firmware 01.21
    Software Treo650-1.08-CNG

this has been relatively stable (but not perfect)...hopefully this latest firmware/software package will fix the rest (whenever cingular gets around to releasing their version)
    I'm a little confused...I have Cingular, I put in the update from some time ago and my Versamail is 3.0Ag5 (whatever that means)...My firmware from CNG is:

Firmware 01.05
    Software Treo650-1.04-CNG

Could you please let me know what your talking about

rob
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    I'm a little confused...I have Cingular, I put in the update from some time ago and my Versamail is 3.0Ag5 (whatever that means)...My firmware from CNG is:

Firmware 01.05
    Software Treo650-1.04-CNG

Could you please let me know what your talking about

rob

My company has enough Treo's (and enough problems with Treo's that we threatened to dump them) that Cingular sent a rep out here with newer internal firmware/software Versions and they upgraded all of ours. It cleared up many of the issues but my understanding is this firmware/software upgrade is not generally available (in theory they will make the final release available (whenever that is) if you want to do it yourself)
    The updater is up for the unlocked GSM - go look.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I am updateing now..... 44% completed
    CASIO SF-7900 > Palm III > PalmVX > Palm m505 > Palm Tungsten C > Treo 650
    SD cards. 8Mb - 64Mb - 128Mb - 256Mb and 1Gb
    www.simnet.is/lappari
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    so does that mean that there will be an issue with us Cingular guys (and gals)?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Update went fine on my GSM 650.. took 20-25 min and worked flawless...

Is it me or.....

THE VOLUME ON MY MOTOROLA H850 IS HIGHER - BETTER.....

2MB MORE SPACE WHIT ALL MY APPZ LOADED ??
    CASIO SF-7900 > Palm III > PalmVX > Palm m505 > Palm Tungsten C > Treo 650
    SD cards. 8Mb - 64Mb - 128Mb - 256Mb and 1Gb
    www.simnet.is/lappari
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lappari
    Update went fine on my GSM 650.. took 20-25 min and worked flawless...

Is it me or.....

2MB MORE SPACE WHIT ALL MY APPZ LOADED ??
    Sounds about right...
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by lappari
    This is great to hear! Any noticeable increase in volume on the handset speaker?
    Now that the 1.28/1.13 software is officially released, how about DL or someone posting the SD update version? I would like to create a custom ROM with the SD version.

Is customization possible with the hotsync updater?

EDIT: Customizing the hotsync file does not look possible with the current set of tools from Shadowmite. The file structures are totally different.

We need check out the SD version for 1.28!
    Last edited by swieder; 06/16/2005 at 08:12 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast