Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. amf
    If the firmware's 1.28, may we know what software version does it have?
    Any idea when Cingular will come out with their version. I guess I could call and try to get it unlocked.
    When there is an update, I assume it will show up here:

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...tml#treo650gsm

and here:

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,case=obj(10714)#palm
  4. agi
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisl
    Any idea when Cingular will come out with their version. I guess I could call and try to get it unlocked.
    An unlocked GSM firmware has nothing to do with his unlocked GSM phone.

You can use an unlocked GSM firmware on Cingular branded phone.
    Dude, just post the firmware...what trouble do you think you'd get into. really?!!
  6. agi
    He WOULD if he is the ONLY one in the world to have firmware right now
  7. agi
    By the way, I hate when people post messages like that: I have it and you don't, you just have to wait when it is your turn - gee, kindergarten ...
    http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/421558033/25.jpg

I have firmware version 1.23 on my “unlocked” GSM phone and have not had any problems.

The only major difference I noticed when I did the update was just “more memory” or "better memory management". Other than that…no big deal. The volume in the earpiece DID NOT get any better!

At least I showed proof of my firmware version, unlike “darklord” who is FULL of $***!

Also, thanks "hofo mofo" for the SNAP app, but I have mScreen (<--you can get it here), and it works just as good.
    - Treo often imitated; never duplicated!
    Quote Originally Posted by agi
    An unlocked GSM firmware has nothing to do with his unlocked GSM phone.

You can use an unlocked GSM firmware on Cingular branded phone.
    Thanks for clearing that up. DOes that mean I still will have to wait for a branded firmware if I don't want to void my warranty?
  10. agi
    Yes you do have to wait.
    hasnt anyone else heard about 1.31?
    I'll believe it when it's on Palm's website. 1.28? 1.31? "I've got it, but you have to wait..." My da** 650's been sitting in the box for a couple of months now because I simply can't hear it unless I'm in a very quiet environment. I've patiently been waiting for a fix, and quite frankly threads like this really pi** me off. At least give us some real info, such as posting the release notes... Does it improve volume levels, or not???

Todd/Indy
  13. amf
    Know what!? I PMed this guy in another forum to ask him a question. When he replied, I composed my reply which is a simple "Thanks". Guess what??!! He blocked me from sending him PMs! Do I see the letters F.... A.... K.... E....!

It is as if he is really important because he's got what we don't have. I asked him to post the software version of the supposed firmware 1.28 and there's no reply. Shouldn't guys like this be banned (those who shout "i've got the latest firmware.. but i'm not sharing!")?? If you've got something you don't want to share, then don't brag about it or post about it.
    I agree...he deserves to be banned!!
    Jeezis, why are people so goddamned hostile? It's those sort of jerk reactions that deter genuine folks from posting.

I suppose if I posted saying that June 30th is coming soon, y'all would want to see a snapshot of my calendar!
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by darklord
    I'm posting this news, so you don't have to try and **** up your Treo with a unsupported firmware, when you can wait a while longer and upgrade with the supported latest version.
    Don't get upset with the skeptics, darklord. Very similar "sources" said very similar things a few months ago.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  17. amf
    We all know about June 30th so we won't ask you to show us your calendar.

Why would one post something he wouldn't want to share? Just to show-off? Brag? If it becomes available the world will know about it anyways.

Your avatar tells it all. Don't ask questions! Take everything as it is. Yes sergeant major!
    Quote Originally Posted by dtmfjunkie
    I agree...he deserves to be banned!!

Take a pill
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Dood! People in this place have major issues!

Get a grip and accept this information with a grain of salt. My hunch, it's probably true. However, even when people in the past have posted what they thought to be true, they have been made wrong by PalmOne or Sprint delaying their releases. All of a sudden anyone who posts good news is a liar around here. REALLY people, get a grip.

Besides "voiding the warranty," what other advantage or disadvantage is there to loading the generic PalmOne ROM on a Cingular branded 650?
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    I've gotta defend darklord here. If he does have a new version of the firmware it's definitely not legal for him to distribute it. If he's in a position where he or his company signed a NDA to get it, then he could put his business relationship with Palm in jeopardy by sharing it. I'm sure he thought that we would be happy to hear that the new version is coming soon.

Brett
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast