View Poll Results: How many use their treo 650/600 as main mp3 player?

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I use my Treo 600/650.

164 74.21%
  • No. I got a separate mp3 player.

46 20.81%
  • I dont carry mp3 or use it on treo. have CD player. or NADA!

11 4.98%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I was seriously considering getting an Ipod before I got my 600 but since I got the treo 600 I have never looked at an ipod again. Now I have the treo 650 with ptunes and the bad a$$ winamp skin!! OH BABY!!! Long live streaming music and mp3 playback on a device that makes calls, checks email, plays movies, IM's, plays games............and keeps me warm at night. (ok, I got carried away but you get the idea) Lollll
    Don't worry marshmallow "peeps" will be in excess come Halloween!
    I use it instead of my ipod now and also use podcatcheronastick to download podcasts to my 2gb sd card
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    I need a bigger SD card for my music....but I don't see any reason in carrying another mp3 player when I always carry my phone.
    When I started out with my Tungsten T over two years ago, it was my primary MP3 player. Now that I'm on the Treo 650, the Treo is. Granted, I don't listen to them that often, but it's nice to have that option.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I could've sworn i've started this topic, its so weird but im not the thread starter anymore.
    why is that? just curious
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by hova
    Long live streaming music and mp3 playback on a device that makes calls, checks email, plays movies, IM's, plays games Lollll
    It really does everything.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I use Ptunes combined with Rhapsody and Yahoo music and it works great. Luckily, my car has an aux input in the console, so I can just plug it in (with the headphone adapter). I also have a 2nd gen 20GB ipod loaded with my own tunes, a 1 GB ipod shuffle for yard work and working out, a creative zen micro I bought to play Rhapsody-to-go music before I had the treo, XM MyFi, and a Phatbox 60GB mp3 player that I am having to retrofit to my new car. While I am waiting for the part for the Phatbox, the Treo actually gets the most play in the car. At the office, I randomly switch out the portable devices. (Can ya tell I am a music freak?)

I love the ptunes program and it is very convenient because I always have my phone with me even when my other players are elsewhere.
    I am surprised that you can use them all. ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

mp3 palyer and music video player as well.
    The Phone: Samsung MM-A940 | Sprint PCS
    The Car: '92 Civic HB Boosted | 340whp
    The Beater: '92 Prelude Si | Just for winter!
    The Bike: '96 CBR600 F3
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel
    I could've sworn i've started this topic, its so weird but im not the thread starter anymore.
    why is that? just curious
    If it was merged with an older thread on the same topic, yours would no longer be the oldest post.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I am surprised that you can use them all. ;-)
    I rarely use the iPod with my own tunes unless I am going out of town (since it holds 20GB). However, the others I use quite a bit. I could probably get by with just the Treo/Ptunes/Rhapsody music setup, but I had all the other stuff before I bought the Treo. I also like to have a lot more space for music than the Treo has on the 1GB card (which I also use for movies).
    I'll bite... what's a peep?
    people - friends
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop
    I'll bite... what's a peep?
    http://www.tkamiya.net/junk/images/20050308-001m.jpg
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I believe in convergence. Treo is my only MP3 player, and it's one of my prime uses. Since you can get a 2gb SD card for $125 or so these days that makes it a good solution.
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    I thought I could live without a Treo 650 when I ditched Cingular recently, but I came running back after knowing how important it is to me and how much I use it day to day. Now I have my Verizon Treo 650 and life is good.

I use TCPMP and the now hard to find AAC plugin for all my audio needs (got several copies of it backed up). I use PXA Clocker to keep the app running at 117MHz so the battery drain is hardly noticable.

I've wanted to get a 2GB SD card, but I like having the 1GB...it's just big enough, and keeps me rotating music often enough that I don't get too bored with the selection.

BTW, I have the Seidio stereo headphones and they are AWESOME. Every Treo owner should seriously contemplate buying a set. The plug is small and doesn't tax the headphone jack at all like an adapter will.

http://store.treocentral.com/store_i.../large/156.jpg
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    One of the reasons I purchased the Treo 650 was its ability to play MP3s and it does it well. I use PocketTunes matched with Boxwave earbuds. PocketTunes sounds a ton better than Real player. The earbuds do a decent job, but I may purchase the 2.5 > 3.5 adapter in the near future to experiment with better headphones / earbuds. I *heart* my Treo.
    Btw, for those who are thinking of the Nano, in addition to my general dislike of Microsoft and Apple, there is another reason I don't recommend the Nano - it scratches easily. One of my coworkers ( who loves Apple ) bought a black Nano one and took it back the next day after it had already gotten visibly scratched even though she had immediately purchased a case for it.

She loves Apple so much that she exchanged the black model for a white model as the scratches are not so obvious. I would have just gotten my money back, but that shows how much of an Apple fan she is.
    I have the 1GB SD Card loaded and ready to go, I just can't get the music to play through th headsets. I bought Jabra headsets from the Verizon store and I have a T-600 but is not working. Headset works for the phone and mic, but MP3's play through the speaker. Please advise.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast