View Poll Results: How many use their treo 650/600 as main mp3 player?

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I use my Treo 600/650.

164 74.21%
  • No. I got a separate mp3 player.

46 20.81%
  • I dont carry mp3 or use it on treo. have CD player. or NADA!

11 4.98%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    I used to use the Treo as my MP3 player until my kids got me Bose headphones as a present. I found the Treo couldn't drive the Bose headphones without distortion. I now have an IPod and use the Treo as a backup. No pun intended, but comparing a dedicated MP3 player and the Treo is comparing apples and oranges. The Treo is good as an MP3 player (especially with PTunes), but an IPod (or Zen) has a lot of advantages as a music device. Just my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnoble
    I used to use the Treo as my MP3 player until my kids got me Bose headphones as a present. I found the Treo couldn't drive the Bose headphones without distortion. I now have an IPod and use the Treo as a backup. No pun intended, but comparing a dedicated MP3 player and the Treo is comparing apples and oranges. The Treo is good as an MP3 player (especially with PTunes), but an IPod (or Zen) has a lot of advantages as a music device. Just my opinion.
    Agreed! Single use devices will outshine the Treo.

(But I am not carrying a phone, pda, camera, iPod, Internet Device and a Blackberry around on a utility belt, either.)

Cheers, Perry
    I use the Treo right now, but I think I might actually fold and get a iPod nano for use while listen to music while working out. I never thought I'ld give in to the Apple cult, but the Nano does look very Kewl...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I use my Treo 650 exclusively to play MP3s from my card as well as my MP3 collection at home using gloonet.com as well as internet radio stations (using pTunes deluxe)
    Still using my iPod, i just dont have a reason not to yet. I hear horror stories of the headset jack failing.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Got two (2) 10G 2nd gen iPods.
    Just bought a 4G Nano. (Wife)
    Thinking about a 20 or 60 for me.
    If any of you use it for listening to podcasts, what setup do you use? Is there a good way to subscribe to podcasts? I use itunes and my ipod, but havent seen other ways to subscribe to a podcast and have it update with each hotsync.

Ideas?
    I sold my iPod on eBay because it's just so convenient to have my Treo do everything.
    My headset has failed twice, but my Treo is still my MP3 player.....that's one of the reasons I bought it. Play tunes off a card and through Slimserver. And you wouldn't catch me owning an iCrack.....

-TR1
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    If any of you use it for listening to podcasts, what setup do you use? Is there a good way to subscribe to podcasts? I use itunes and my ipod, but havent seen other ways to subscribe to a podcast and have it update with each hotsync.

Ideas?
    QuickNews (www.standalone.com)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Got rid of a 20GB iPod and use 1GB card on my Treo. Use another 1GB card on my wife's Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    QuickNews (www.standalone.com)
    Have you used this to listen to podcasts? It looks like it is just an RSS reader and wouldn't do audio podcasts.

Thanks.
    I have Sony earbuds, and Sennheiser and Bose headphones, and the treo can't drive them half as good as my old Kyocera 7135 could. Let alone my iPod. Whern I need to hear bad music, I'll sing to myself. ;-)

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    I have a pair of back phones that I put a Treo mini jack plug on so i don't need an adaptor. I listen to pTunes every day on the T going to and from work, I have Chatter going, and VeriMail for my work between 8-5 and I have min battery drain, maybe half the battery gone at EOD.

Though I'm tempted to get an iPod nano... that think is fricken sweet!

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    <threads merged>

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by muttdaemon
    has anybody tried to use the MP3 player while running or working out in the gym? I want to try but worried that the endless shaking and bouncing would destroy the treo.
    I use it for running. I think that as the memory is not hard disck based, you wont have problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    Have you used this to listen to podcasts? It looks like it is just an RSS reader and wouldn't do audio podcasts.

Thanks.

rbenjami, read the specs. Quicknews includes a downloader that can automatically download your podcasts to your Treo's card...

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I carry and iPod, I find the Treo sucks as an iPod the transfer is slow as hell compared to firewire. iTunes is an amazing program for managing music and 1GB doesn't cut it for me and I like the iPod interface better than the Treo's
    I have just started using it lately and I like it. If i would just remember to not lose the adapter
    PDA History

Treo 90 > Sony Clie SJ-20 > Tungsten E > HP Ipaq 4355 > Dell Axim X30 > Tungsten T|3 > Tungsten T|5 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Tungsten T|5 > Tungsten E|2 > Tungsten T|X > Blackberry 7250 > Treo 650 (Current)

Functional Palms
    Treo 650, T|X, and T|E2

Too Many Palms!!!
    Heh heh, this is one of the main reasons that I opted for the Treo 650. I go to the gym daily and always listen to my MP3 player while working out (its a must ). The problem was that I would always miss calls when in the gym because I was always listening to my tunes while working out. NOW with the Treo 650, I no longer have that problem. I can listen to music and still receive calls while working out .
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast