View Poll Results: How many use their treo 650/600 as main mp3 player?

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I use my Treo 600/650.

164 74.21%
  • No. I got a separate mp3 player.

46 20.81%
  • I dont carry mp3 or use it on treo. have CD player. or NADA!

11 4.98%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    If you have Ptunes, it integrates with windows media player to transfer your music.

Other wise use card export II from softick.com

Isn't there a way to sync it onto card ?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FLY
    Isn't there a way to sync it onto card ?

Uhh... like I said card export or palm file browser (check MTDN downloads)

Or if you rather not bother with 3rd party apps, just use the palm install tool. It's slow and torturous, but it will transfer mp3 to the card...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic

Or if you rather not bother with 3rd party apps, just use the palm install tool. It's slow and torturous, but it will transfer mp3 to the card...

Bingo. But there is a top and bottom window from what I remember when I looked at install tool once. Where do I drag and drop for files to go to card. Top or bottom ?

BTW very cool avatar.
    Well now we've got even more to enjoy !

"Pocket Tunes 3.1 now supports WMA DRM"
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/635-1.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantry
    For some reason the soundjack on my Treo stopped working after about one week of jogging. Any other people have this problem? My Treo is 3 months old and I'm not sure if this is covered under the warranty. I've tried two different adapters and headphones, and there's definitely a problem with the jack. I have no idea how the warranty stuff works out, bought it on TreoCentral but not sure if I can take it to the local Sprint store. Any help would be appreciated...

As for playing mp3s, I was using a combination of the basic ptunes and CardExport to play and transfer the mp3s respectively. Both are fantastic software and highly recommended. If I can only get my jack to work without buying a new Treo..
    Gantry,

I had to exchange 3 Treo 600s and now a Treo 650 because of defective audio jack 2.5mm. It will eventually go on everyones. Palm uses a bad jack. I am waiting for someone to make use of the audio from the connector on the Treo 650 to protect the jack problem. I am now considering getting an iPod. I never heard of a jack problem with it.
    GM
    My wife calls it a toy, but I call it my "Productivity Tool".... I used my Treo as a mp3 player... I just bought the new cradle...

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../6-39--329.htm

I have it standing on my desk, at home & work, and it has a standard head phone jack on the back (3.5 mm size), and I just plug my speakers / amp to it, and boom baby... I am rocking...

I love this set up... and the mic on the phone is so good on it... so when a call comes in, the music pauses, and I can answer my phone with a touch of the screen, and the external speakers are working instead of my putting on my head set

So, anyway... check out the Seidio Cradle... it rocks... (BTW, I used the USB charging feature to it... and on the way home, if I decide to use my treo for music or conf calls while in the car... I got a FM Radio adapter ... that is :

http://store.treocentral.com/content...ries/12-77.htm , but I used a different one, a bit cheaper from Belkin.)...

Have a good one !
    Got to love it... Balinor
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Is there a way to play music through a bluetooth headset which is normall used for phone calls? Obviously, this is a huge step down in terms of quality, plus the lack of stereo, but for a convenience factor it could come in handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintrmte
    Which adapter are you guys using to convert the headphone plug down to the 2.5mm size? I picked one up from Radio Shack, but it won't stay connected, it pops out .. :S
    I also purchased the converter from radio shack and have the same problem. the connection is not tight and there is crackling sounds if you move the phone or cord. This converter costs about $4 and is not recommended.
    -Lucidity
    what do ya'll use to turn the music into an mp3,
    i found that i dont get many songs on my 256 card. is that because i am not compressing them enough?
    /thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Treoguy1234
    what do ya'll use to turn the music into an mp3,
    i found that i dont get many songs on my 256 card. is that because i am not compressing them enough?
    /thanks
    Winamp by Nullsoft

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Ive heard too many horror stories about the headphone jack to trade in my 40gb iPod..... Maybe I'll give it a shot someday....
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Every morning on the treadmill at the gym I listen to ptunes, send/receive emails, and answer client phone calls (gracefulling inturrupting my audio bliss!). Try that on a ipod anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxcat
    Every morning on the treadmill at the gym I listen to ptunes, send/receive emails, and answer client phone calls (gracefulling inturrupting my audio bliss!). Try that on a ipod anyone?
    heh, the last thing i want while working out is to be disturbed by my phone
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxcat
    I exercise to relieve the stress caused by technology. The time on the bike and running trail is for me to relax mentally and whip this body into shape. And we wonder why everyone has ADD... sheesh.

As far as this thread, I still use my 20 Gb. iPod and I can't remember the last time I listened to an MP3 on my 650. I mainly use it in the car with an FM transmitter to listen to my Audible subsciptions and the 8 Gb. of music I have. A few things have kept me from ditching the iPod: I don't have to manually copy songs around, since I only have a 1 Gb. SD card, the usability of the iPod seems better, and the protective armband case I use while running. Carrying my 650 on runs and bike rides makes me nervous.
    I use it as an MP3 player but not while working out. Jus when I need somethin to listen to.

Sweet Chi-Town Music!

300 > 600 > 650

CURRENT EQUIPMENT

TREO 650

Alternate Phone- Motorola Razr V3 (silver)
    Quote Originally Posted by muttdaemon
    has anybody tried to use the MP3 player while running or working out in the gym? I want to try but worried that the endless shaking and bouncing would destroy the treo.
    I do this just make sure to hold it tight when runing. Mine went flying into the mirror and card flew out but it was OK. I use it at the gym all the time when working out also check this out
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...ySportTraining

ONE
    OH YEAH I NEVER GO ANYWHERE WITH OUT A HEADSET FOR LISTENING ON THE DL.
    I stopped travelling by plane every week a few months ago, and gradually moved to using the Treo as my player in the car since getting into the habit of a daily commute. Both my Passat and Land Rover happen to have cassette decks, so the cassette adapter works ok. Initially I was using the iPod, but the hassle of having one more thing to set up, move in/out, etc. and the fact that the Treo stops playing automatically when a call comes in made me make the switch. Just this week I installed a ProClip in both cars and it has enhanced the experience even more.

I'm still not a pro at syncing playlists, etc. to the Treo (I'm always forgetting I deleted a song to make space, etc., nothing beats the iPod for ease of use in that respect), but using a combination of the Yahoo unlimited subscription for music, and podcasts I get from iTunes, I love it. I've also moved to using it at the gym for the same reasons, and just got the Seido holster clip and the retractable headphone adapter for that.

I still use my iPod all the time, but mostly just for listening at home these days. For on the go, I much prefer the Treo.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Im thinking to get rid of some pocket toys. Cellphone(treo) MP3 player(IHP-120) and leather wallet with 16 cards and money inside. pockets are getting stuffed.

is the treo good for an mp3 player(battery consumption wise)? I use about 2-3 hours a day of music
    Last edited by Camel; 09/13/2005 at 05:24 PM.
    Battery is no issue for me and I use MobiTV and PTunes extensively.

The reason is I have a home and car charger and put the phone on it whenever I can.

Just my 2
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    The Treo 650 is my only MP3 player. Music is not a large battery drain, as the screen goes off. Screen on and radio usage, either by phone or Internet connection, are your main energy hogs. If the battery is a concern, I got the 2200 mAh.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=lion+battery

Cheers, Perry
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast