View Poll Results: How many use their treo 650/600 as main mp3 player?

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I use my Treo 600/650.

164 74.21%
  • No. I got a separate mp3 player.

46 20.81%
  • I dont carry mp3 or use it on treo. have CD player. or NADA!

11 4.98%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    After having my 650 for a month, I really tested out the mp3/music capabilities yesterday. Can't believe how good it sounds. Really unbelievable.
    Are you people seriously calling the sound quality "unbelievable"?? Decent, fair, maybe good, even....but UNBELIEVE, GREAT?? no way. Pick up an ipod and compare the same song. Completely different in my opinion. But I certainly don't carry an ipod with my 24/7...my Treo's a different story altogether.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Gave away the Ipod and have used Ptunes for walking 3-5 miles every day for a year, first on the 600 and now on the 650. Use an old set of Sony Discman headphones. Phone rings in headphones and you can answer and talk through speakerphone and listen through headphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Are you people seriously calling the sound quality "unbelievable"?? Decent, fair, maybe good, even....but UNBELIEVE, GREAT?? no way. Pick up an ipod and compare the same song. Completely different in my opinion. But I certainly don't carry an ipod with my 24/7...my Treo's a different story altogether.
    Allright, maybe unbelievable for a Palm device. Never thought they would sound so good compared to my original Tungsten.
    Unbelievable, is a totally wrong way to describe the sound. Average at best . At high volumes the speaker cover starts to strum and adds an extra instrument .
    If you are serious music listners , besides music you need to invest in accessories such as a good portable player, a portable amp and a nice pair of headset . Than you will be able to experience what unbelievable sound is .
    Head over to headdfi .org, if you all have some extra time.
    Last edited by Mtreosexual; 07/04/2005 at 07:07 PM.
    No,I still use my iPod for music, but I do regularally watch tv episodes on it using TCPMP. That's fantastic!

Paul
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I ride the bus and metro to client sites and wanted portable music. I use Pocket Tunes on the Treo 650 via a set of Bose QC2 noise-reduction headphones. They work well and the music from the Treo is great.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Which adapter are you guys using to convert the headphone plug down to the 2.5mm size? I picked one up from Radio Shack, but it won't stay connected, it pops out .. :S
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ozziegn
    I've been finding myself using my 650 as an MP3 player more and more and I was wondering how many other people do the same with theirs?

is this a common thing with this phone or am I just a cell phone geek who likes to play music through his phone?
    I don't. Sometimes I'll listen to ShoutCast when I'm travelling, but for the most part my music is on my iPod. In addition, with the Treo, you have to buy that stupid connector to fit standard headphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintrmte
    Which adapter are you guys using to convert the headphone plug down to the 2.5mm size? I picked one up from Radio Shack, but it won't stay connected, it pops out .. :S
    i dont use an adapter, i used the seidio ear buds.

palm and seidio sell adaptors for this purpose, but your radio shack should work, but you have to shave some of the plastic from the end you stick into the treo.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by pbutterworth
    No,I still use my iPod for music, but I do regularally watch tv episodes on it using TCPMP. That's fantastic!

Paul
    Same here ( ipod and TCPMP ), been enjoying the Ali G show lately
    1 | 2
    I encode my music in .ogg format at 64kbps, and with a 1gb card, this gives me around 400 music files plus space left over for extra programs with powerrun.

My question is, with so many music files, is there an easy way to browse/search through all of them ala the search function on iTunes? I'm using ptunes currently and I don't see any such function.

It would be great if I could organize and browse my music files in ptunes the way i can in iTunes. Does anyone know of a way to do this?
    I use my T600 and PTunes six days a week to learn (listen to) a lecture covering a daily series of two sided pages of the Talmud that is available in mp3 form. I use the Seidio combo stereo headset and microphone. -
    I tried using mine but I find it inconvenient when I am working and want to change songs. I have to turn it back on, press the unlock key and get back to realplayer. It's easier to change songs on my Ipod.
    Quote Originally Posted by YvilKittyInSpac
    I tried using mine but I find it inconvenient when I am working and want to change songs. I have to turn it back on, press the unlock key and get back to realplayer. It's easier to change songs on my Ipod.
    Why not take the keyguard off??

Then it's just....power, next [next,next,next...], power.....
    heh....has anybody actually done anything they didn't plan on with the keyguad off??
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    i dont use an adapter, i used the seidio ear buds.

palm and seidio sell adaptors for this purpose, but your radio shack should work, but you have to shave some of the plastic from the end you stick into the treo.
    Ahh, ok. Are there any retailers like CompUSA, BestBuy or CircuitCity that sell the Seidio earbuds?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintrmte
    Ahh, ok. Are there any retailers like CompUSA, BestBuy or CircuitCity that sell the Seidio earbuds?
    not that i know of.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I love to listen to public radio broadcasts on the treo such as A Prairie Home Companion , This American Life and The Next Big Thing during the workout. I convert them fro wav to mp3 with realplayer
    I listen to TAL and NBT as well... I use iTunes to convert them to bookmarkable AAC's though.
    Where do you get wav files to start with? Are you using the Real Audio, are you buying from audible.com, or something else? I'd love to take TAL with me!
    I own a Creative Labs Nomad Zen and so far my Treo w/PTunes has been providing similar sound quality. All my music is LAME encoded @ 256k and I've used both a collapsible set of Koss headphones as well as my larger Sony "studio" headphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by TayeDrummer
    All my music is LAME.
    You can say that again. :-D