View Poll Results: How many use their treo 650/600 as main mp3 player?

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I use my Treo 600/650.

164 74.21%
  • No. I got a separate mp3 player.

46 20.81%
  • I dont carry mp3 or use it on treo. have CD player. or NADA!

11 4.98%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    use the ipod. i got around 3300 songs up there. i need music in my life. treo wont work. besides...i use my treo all day. from 7-5. and by the time i get back to the crib, treo sitting at 15-25% battery. no telling where the battery would be if i listened to mp3s.
    I use it as a backup, better then nothing MP3 player. I have an iPod and it runs circles around the treo for usability. But there are many times where I'm stuck someplace with time to kill, so I pop in my headphones and either listen to some tunes and read a book in ereader or listen to an Audible Book.
    I use my Treo as an MP3 Player because I don't have to carry two devices on the road. Today I purchased some music from MSN and hotsync'd it to my Palm and Ptunes can't play it. Is there anyway to get purchased music over to the Palm?
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Device convergence for me too (PDA/PHONE/MP3/USB Memory stick/Camera/etc. (hey, Palm - can you borrow the Swiss army knife brand?)

I use hybrid headphones while walking/driving.
    Shure earplugs with pigtail adapter while on plane (and the power adapter when I am lucky enough to get upgraded to business/first class).

Quote Originally Posted by chankla
    Device convergence for me too (PDA/PHONE/MP3/USB Memory stick/Camera/etc. (hey, Palm - can you borrow the Swiss army knife brand?)

DITTO DITTO DITTO (TREO)

My PDA
    My Cell Phone
    My iPod (everyday)
    EMail
    Web
    Spreadsheets
    Calculator
    Checkbook
    Camera
    Dictionary
    Video Player
    et cetera . . . . .
    I use my treo's ptunes when i swim laps!
    Yup I use it on the bus. I don't carry a bag, so it's nice to have one thing that does everything I want!
    It's not about right, not about wrong. It's about power.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I use my treo for MP3s (mostly podcasts) whenever I'm not at my desk. At my desk, it's iTunes all the way.
    Yep, use T650 with pTunes... mainly when I am traveling, walking in Airports / riding on the plane, and even at the hotel, I use my Treo for music (I have 2 x 1GIG cards).

I bought a set of noice reducing head sets, works great, and on the plane I can read/reply to email (clean my inbox), play games, and listen to my music all at the same time ... & when a call comes in... well I am already connected LOL.

Cool Beans !!!
    Got to love it... Balinor
    i have been using my treo as my mp3 since i got my 00 a couple of years ago. gave up 20 gig ipod at the same time.

now i'm using it as a movie player too.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I also use the treo as the listening device. I have unlimited data and find myself listening to streaming radio more and more often. I can find whatever I want anytime it seems. I never got an iPod and now don't ever see the need. One day I picture the a treo like device being my entire portable device for everything. This is a first step in that direction, i am gonig to maximize it.
    Quote Originally Posted by calvin767
    I also use the treo as the listening device. I have unlimited data and find myself listening to streaming radio more and more often. I can find whatever I want anytime it seems. I never got an iPod and now don't ever see the need. One day I picture the a treo like device being my entire portable device for everything. This is a first step in that direction, i am gonig to maximize it.
    Every get the feeling that a treo like device won't be just your entire portable device for everything.....but just your entire device for everything???

In a couple years, this lil' puppy's gonna have a 1GHz processor, a 10 gig SD card (that you'll have to add on of course), EV-DO to replace your broadband, UWB (the Bluetooth successor) which will hopefuly stream your display to an external monitor!!!

Technology is so friggin' amazing!!
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    I love to listen to public radio broadcasts on the treo such as A Prairie Home Companion , This American Life and The Next Big Thing during the workout. I convert them fro wav to mp3 with realplayer and drag and drop the file with the card reader on my tower, only takes 1 minute versus 1 hour if you try to sync em.

I know, no music just public radio, I'm boring.

I listen to TAL and NBT as well... I use iTunes to convert them to bookmarkable AAC's though. And use Kinoma Player to listen to them. Works great.
    There is clearly difference betwen ipod and Treo as an MP3 player. I have used built in real player. Treo clearly lacks bass and the sound is more shrill and crisp. For an average listner Treo would do the job .However if you listen to one song again and again, specially with good headphones such as Shure or etymotics the difference would be obvious .
    Last edited by Mtreosexual; 07/03/2005 at 11:36 PM.
    One More vote
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    There is a clearly difference betwen ipod and Treo as an MP3. I have used built in real player. Treo clearly lacks bass and the sound is more shrill and crisp. For an average listner Treo would do the job .However if you listen to one song again and again specially with good headphones such as Shure or etymotics the difference would be obvious .
    Agreed. Single use devices may out preform one of the Treo's abilities;

but I am definitely not going to carry a PDA, Cell Phone, iPod, Blackberry, Pager and a calculator on my belt . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    I'm listening to my p-tunes now while I'm on the computer. Listening through the built in speaker.
    WHY NO 3.5 jack though???!!!
    I tried to use it as an MP3 player but it sounds like crap with both the shure e4c's and the bose quietcomfort 2's...
    After having my 650 for a month, I really tested out the mp3/music capabilities yesterday. Can't believe how good it sounds. Really unbelievable.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast