1.    #1  
    Hello all. I am new to this forum and feel fortunate to have found it as a resource. Iím not a troll and Iím not a chronic complainer.

Iíve just had a pretty bad experience with two Treo 650ís I purchased from Cingular. Both of them experience the following problems (in order of annoyance):

1) At least once a day, Iíll hear my Treo reset itself and turn itself back on, only to find I just received a voicemail without the phone ringing or the caller ID recording an incoming call.

2) There are many time when I check email through Versa Mail and the Treo tells me there are no messages, only to check my email on my computer and I have a dozen messages the Treo didnít pick up.

3) The device freezes and must be reset at least once every 2-3 days.

4) Very poor signal strength. I have a $50 Nokia phone with Cingular that has twice the signal strength at the same locations.

5) Random signal strengths Ė goes from full strength to No Service in the exact same location (Iím in Chicago).

The only update I found was the Voicemail Updater 1.04, which I installed but nothing changed.

Am I missing a firmware software or something else that could help solve these issues? I thought it was a defective phone but Cingular replaced it and the second phone is just as bad.

Thank you in advance for your help. I really want this phone to work out for me.

Thanks,

Marko
  2.    #2  
    Could it possibly be a faulty SIM card?

Thanks,

Marko
    1. Make sure you are using the latest firmware for Cingular phones.

2. Do a hard reset (or use the phone in its factory condition) for a few days. If problems continue, suspect the SIM and then a loose battary.

Aloke
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    This should be fixed in ROM 1.28 coming this month
  5.    #5  
    Hello. Thank you for the replies.

1) So it can be a defective SIM card?

2) What is the latest firmware? I checked the Phone Info and its running Firmware 01.05 and Software Treo650-1.04-CNG.

3) Do you suggest I get a third replacement phone from Cingular? Or will it have the same problems and I'm better off waiting for the ROM update?

Thanks a million!

Marko
    I am replying from the Treo, so I cannot multitask easily. The latest firmware is on the Palmone web site.

The behavior you are seeing is not normal, even with the current firmware. Cingular has a 30 day period during which you can return/exchange the unit withot much hassle.

I would avise you resolve this with Cingular rather than wait for an firmware update .. there are no guatantees that the firmware will fix your issue and whwn it will be available.

Aloke
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A