Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I want to be able to use a bluetooth headset while my Treo 650 is plugged into my car stereo via a cassette adapter. I tried to do this with a friend's bluetooth headset, and it didn't seem to work. The Treo thinks that I already have a headset plugged in, and only recognizes that. Is this possible somehow?

Thanks.
    Yes, absolutely it works. I do it everyday on the way to work. FYI, I have SPCS 1.08.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    This is exactly what I want for the car too, and this does not work for me either. If the headset is plugged in, the sound won't go to bluetooth. I have a GSM unlocked 650.
    Maybe this is a good one for Freedom from Toysoft?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I have the Cingular GSM, but we haven't gotten the firmware update. Maybe it will work with the firmware update, who knows. It doesn't seem like the Freedom product would do it -- at least it doesn't advertise that it would.
    this may be oversimplifying things, but why not just use one of the combo headsets out there (palmOne's hybrid headset is AWEsome, but there are alone ones from Seidio, etc).
    No, it's not as cool as having the FrankenPod solution, but it's a heck of a lot simpler, and works every time - I can promise you that. I use this all the time in my car, at work, going to the store - always. Yes, I have the cable going down to my pocket, but - I have my music always going, and it will automatically pause for me to take a call (with the pOne hybrid headset, I just mash the answer button on the mic pod), and the music picks right up when the call is over.

I get the whole BT deal, but - if someone wants to use their Treo as a music device, man...just go with a combo headset, and things will be so much easier. Sounds great - both for music and phone, no BT pairing hassles, no wind issues - very simple. Also no BT battery drain. (I was at a car wash last week, and this guy with a Hummer was using a BT phone, and if he got within like 30 feet of his car, the BT in the car would take over the call, and he had to keep calling the person back, saying 'sorry man, if I get to close to my car, the car takes over the call and I drop you every time'. I just had to laugh at that. I mean - at what point does the technology stop making logical sense, and becomes just more problematic than it's worth?)

Thoughts?
    I have a Verizonized Sprint 650 and have been able to use PocketTunes, while running TomTom with my mouse gps, playing on my truck stereo with a Belkin FM Transmitter and still have it stop for phone calls that DO bring up my bluetooth headset. I have tried this with my Logitech Freedom and PalmOne Wirelss headsets.
    It works great! And they said that Palm OS isn't multi-threading!
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, Chatter keeping up on email and popping up new notifications when they come in.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I don't want to have to wear headphones in my car -- I think it's kind of unsafe, and I prefer to listen to music via speakers. I want to be able to plug my Treo into a line-in or cassette adapter in my car and listen to music with it. Then, if a call comes in, I want to be able to answer it with a bluetooth headset. That way I can easily use my Treo as a way to play music and take calls without having to wear headphones (other than the convenient wireless headset) in the car.

So what I want is a way for the Treo to realize that even though I have something plugged into the jack, I want to talk on the bluetooth headphone, not on a wired headphone that is actually plugged into my car stereo. There doesn't seem to be a way to make it do that, at least with my Cingular version. I'm curious as to the reason that the Sprint version seems to behave how I'd want it to, and the Cingular does not. Could it be updated firmware?

Anyone have any ideas on how I could figure this out?
    I wish something could be done. It is very annoying to disconnect the Fm transmitter and answer a call. I hate shouting in my car with the builtin bt system.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlarsen23
    I don't want to have to wear headphones in my car -- I think it's kind of unsafe, and I prefer to listen to music via speakers. I want to be able to plug my Treo into a line-in or cassette adapter in my car and listen to music with it. Then, if a call comes in, I want to be able to answer it with a bluetooth headset. That way I can easily use my Treo as a way to play music and take calls without having to wear headphones (other than the convenient wireless headset) in the car.

So what I want is a way for the Treo to realize that even though I have something plugged into the jack, I want to talk on the bluetooth headphone, not on a wired headphone that is actually plugged into my car stereo. There doesn't seem to be a way to make it do that, at least with my Cingular version. I'm curious as to the reason that the Sprint version seems to behave how I'd want it to, and the Cingular does not. Could it be updated firmware?

Anyone have any ideas on how I could figure this out?
    i have a Seidio car mount, and this is exactly what I do every day. Works like a champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhboyd
    i have a Seidio car mount, and this is exactly what I do every day. Works like a champ.
    Is your Treo CDMA or GSM?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I gonna take a shot here and say that this willw ork witha CDMA phone and not witha GSM phone. If a GSM 650 Treo w/ BT 1.x is in Seidio wired GPS cradle with speaker connection, you can NOT use a BT headset. IIRC, you gonna need either BT2.x or a CDMA phone.

Then again I would think the sound coming out of today's $800 Bose sound systems that every car seems to have would be superior to anything coming out of aTreo.
    Cdma
    I just discovered this problem the other day... Cingular 1.28FW.. I was calling a business with the BT headset on (rarely use it really.. Just in the car, and I usually don't make calls in the car) and I would hear the first ring then nothing.. I had the stereo turned down, so not sure if they were coming through the stereo speakers or what.

But none the less, until I unplugged my Belkin Tunecast I couldn't hear them in my BT headset. That's just nuts.
    As indicated above, on GSM phones, Ausio ouput nullifies BT. Although the reviewer here talking about audio output to a speaker in the cradle, same logic would seem to apply.

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/725-1.htm

"When I reviewed the Seidio G4850 Car Kit, the only issue I had with it was that you could not use a Bluetooth headset with a GSM Treo 650 that was in the cradle. Seidio has since released the G2350S GPS Car Kit that removes the cradle's internal speaker, making Bluetooth conversations available again."

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/710-1.htm

"The GPS capabilities of the G4850M gets most people's attention, but the cradle can also serves as a speakerphone. .... The speaker provided clear output of the other caller, but it was necessary to turn up the volume of the cradle in order to hear the other caller.

I'm a big fan of Bluetooth headsets, so I was really bummed that you cannot use a Bluetooth headset while the Treo is in the G4850M cradle if you are a GSM user (T-Mobile or Cingular). This issue does not affect Sprint and Verizon Treo owners. If you want to use a Bluetooth headset instead of the G4850M's speakerphone, you will want something like the G2350S car kit that has GPS abilities but no speaker. "

Conclusion: using audio out on GSM phone nullifies BT connection.
    probably has something to do with the handsfreeprofile.prc file (or something like that) I have a 1.08 SPCS ROM if anyone cares to dissect it... compare it to GSM. I think the newest CDMA Revion functions like the GSM phone, but I might be wrong.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    cdma worky, gsm no worky
    It doesn't make any sense that CDMA would work where GSM doesn't except in software, and why would they do that? I know they're going to have common code with either different some individual pieces or different build flags.. I'm betting it must be a bug.

Oh well..
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Has anyone found a solution to this issue for GSM Treos?

I'd like to have all non-call audio output routed through my bluetooth headset and then when I hang up, have sound output resume through the audio output jack.

-Brett