Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As most Cingular users know, the data plan is REALLY overpriced. Especially when Spring has it for 15 bucks or so.

I spoke with a rep who seemed to know his stuff, and got an email address from him..

I suggest that we all start emailing this address and letting them know that Sprint has a MUCH better priced plan, and it would behoove them to price data plans competitively. The only way they are ever going to drop price, is if people let me know they are unhappy.. Everyone post if you get any responses back, I'd be interested to hear what Cingular says back to everyone.

Thanks
    David
    Last edited by MarkEagle; 06/12/2005 at 07:35 PM. Reason: email address removed
    I think Cingular bashing has become a sport on TC. If you don't like them, you have 3 other networks to choose from ! I am only paying $19.99 for unlimited Mediaworks (I got in before the prices went up). As I understand unlimited Mediaworks is only $24.99.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    its not just here.look at consumer reports
    Mods...isn't it against forum policy to post non-published email addresses?

This came up when some P1 emails got posted here.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwessell
    The only way they are ever going to drop price, is if people let me know they are unhappy..

Thanks
    David
    Are we suppose to let Cingular know or you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    Are we suppose to let Cingular know or you?
    He had posted the rep's personal email address...MarkEagle removed it...Thanks Mark
    I know, but that wasn't a quote from his e-mail. He mistyped his request...
    Quote Originally Posted by dwessell
    The only way they are ever going to drop price, is if people let me know they are unhappy..

Ohhh ....this sentence
    I'm happy with Cingular, my unlimited data plan is cheaper than T-Mobile would be. Plus, I get a 15% discount on top of the $19.99

Can Someone supply me with a link to the Mediaworks rate plan.
    I like my $20/month unlimited data plan, but I'm not going to pay $40/month for it when my contract expires. I'll sell my GSM phone and switch carriers if necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Ohhh ....this sentence
    Yep...that's the one
    I know...You could set up a spiffy website. Maybe give it a name like CingularUpdateCentral.com.

And then, you can have everyone log in and sign your petition!!!one!!11!!

And then...everything that goes wrong from here on out, whether or not it has anything to do with your phone, you can just blame Cingular, and have people come to your site, and sign your petition!!!!oNe!111

Who's with him?!?!!!
    Last edited by Insertion; 06/12/2005 at 08:57 PM.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Man with Sprint for Unlimited Internet & text messages, I am only paying $5.00 a month. But that is an older plan. The current rate is $15.00 for unlimited internet and 100 txt messages...
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavisjohn
    Man with Sprint for Unlimited Internet & text messages, I am only paying $5.00 a month. But that is an older plan. The current rate is $15.00 for unlimited internet and 100 txt messages...
    If you search the forums you can get the Sprint plan for free...
    Hope no one blames me for being a spoiled sport here, but with 40M+ customers & last I read some 9M+ of them paying somewhere between $20 & $40, I don't think CNG will pay much attention to a bunch of emails complaining about data rates. Not unless the number of complaints reaches close to or exceeds 1M or so. How likely is that?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    you pay for what you get. I've used T-Mo, Sprint and Cing. My speed is significantly faster on Cing than any other I've tried. If you use active sync or PDANet a lot, it is well worth the price.
    I am on the $20 bandwagon and loving the Edge speed. Plus the customer service cannot be beat. I love Cingular. I use a lot of text and everyone who touts the $15 Sprint plan fails to mention it does not include anything other than data. T-Maybe forget it. My friends have Treos and Sidekicks with them, the only thing you can rely on is that your voicemail waiting alert will be between 3 hours and 3 days delayed, same with SMS.
    I pay $5/month for two phone ($2.50) each...unltd data/sms/pcs->pcs/roaming/unltd nights(after 7)_weekends.

Pretty good for $30/year vs your $240
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=dutchtrumpet]I pay $5/month for two phone ...QUOTE]

good deal - there's always the exception to the rule.

I take it this is not available to everyone at this time.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast