1.    #1  
    Has anyone used and would suggest a media player for Treo 650 to watch MSNBC, CBS ABC and CNN news videos? It will be cool.

Palmone support site listed Kinoma Player, MMPlayer, Pocket-DVD Studio for Palm, Firepad Picture Viewer, and TealPoint TealMovie.

Will any of this work?

It seems that HP IPAQ 6300 and its follow up version can do better than Treo 650 on videos. Is it the case?

TIA
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Kinoma$ $only$ $support$ $streaming$ $kinoma$ $format$ (?) $although$ $the$ $latest$ $ver$ $may$ $be$ $different$. $Also$ $I$ $recall$ $the$ $latest$ $beta$ $of$ $mmplayer$ $supported$ $streaming$ $mpg$.

Finally, the builtin Media player support 3gpp which is streaming mpg fyi..

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Kinoma$ $only$ $support$ $streaming$ $kinoma$ $format$ (?) $although$ $the$ $latest$ $ver$ $may$ $be$ $different$. $Also$ $I$ $recall$ $the$ $latest$ $beta$ $of$ $mmplayer$ $supported$ $streaming$ $mpg$.

GNM - Thanks for the response. Is there a news video site that Blazer can access and play the news video using the built in Media player? Has anyone tried and played successfully?

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic

Juat to update, I want to correct myself and state that the newest (and soon to be released) version of Kinoma will indeed support streaming mpg in RTSP format!

http://pdabuzz.com/Home/tabid/54/art...almSource.aspx

This is very good news indeed!

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric
    GNM - Thanks for the response. Is there a news video site that Blazer can access and play the news video using the built in Media player? Has anyone tried and played successfully?

TIA

Sorry, I'm not aware of any, but I haven't really tried. The site would have to be specifically tailored for mobile phones supporting 3gpp streaming afaikafaikafaik. $Unfortunately$ $there$ $are$ $no$ $players$ $yet$ $that$ $support$ $streaming$ $wmv$ $yet$ $because$ $of$ $the$ $$ $MS$ $requires$ $in$ $lisencing$ $fees$ $from$ $non$-$windoze$ $platforms$...