1.    #1  
    Just migrated from POP3 to IMAP, and just got Chatter email. I really like the what IMAP allows you to do in comparison to POP. I signed up at the chatteremail sight for their (imap.everyone.net) IMAP account and have my treo 600 and other desktop computers working with the new accounts.

My question is this. When I send myself test messages it takes at least 30 minutes to receive the message on my treo, sometimes many hours. I am a Verizon customer.

Is there something I am missing I have set up in Chatter Email:
    Sync Messages Checked
    14 days checked
    Auto expunge after delete checked

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. rg1
    This should be in the communcations forum, not utilities.
    I assume your data connectio is active all this time???
    AUSPUG Melbourne Co-Ordinator
    Visit us at...
    Australian Palm Users Group
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rg1
    Thanks. Will deal with this there
    Quote Originally Posted by socaltreo
    Is there something I am missing I have set up in Chatter Email:
    Sync Messages Checked
    14 days checked
    Auto expunge after delete checked
    In the "Deliver" properties for your mailbox, do you have "Offline" selected? If you do, deselect that.

If the "Other" properties for your mailbox, do you have "Sleep" options enabled? If so, turn that off.

What port are you using for the IMAP server? Is there a ":###" at the end of your server name? If so, is that port 993? Do you have the "Use SSL" flag checked?

Depending on the port and/or use of SSL, you can make a manual check of your IMAP server to be sure it's announcing availability of IDLE support. I think in the ChatterEmail forums, you mentioned that you also have PC clients configured to access these mailboxes... are they getting automated pushes of emails immeidately? That's another indicator of IDLE working or not.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks, I had my sleep times flip flopped. (YES I am embarrased) I really appreciate your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by rg1
    If you really want to get it right, it would be the Software\Developers Corner\Chatter forum, not Communications.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."