Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I have been a long time user of palms. I have never had any problems with syncing my contacts, appointments, and to dos with an industry specific management software package for lawyers called Time Matters.

I recently got a Treo 650 and have been unable to do it. I am not interested in changing where I sync to, ie another desktop application, but I cannot get it to work.

After I setup the conduits as I have done tons of times before, I get a hot sync error, saying the desktop software needs to be installed.

To make a long story short (I know, to late ), if anybody has had success doing this I would appreciate any help, I am stumped.
    I am also having the same trouble, both on the Treo and on a differnt Palm. Any suggestions, or did you get this resolved? I'm having no luck!
    THANKS!
    Brenda
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    The only way that Time Matters worked w/ my 650 is after I upgraded to Time Matters 6.0. Time Matters 5.0 does sync with older Palms if you have the latest service pack I spoke directly w/ Time MAtters and they confirmed the above. I was also told they would not be updating Time Matters 5.0 to be able to work w/ the Treo 650.
  4. cwb
    TM 5.0 syncs fine with my treo 650. I've had my 650 since Nov. 04
    I also spoke with Time Matters. We are running version 6.0 and were told the same that the Treo 650 will not sync with any Time Matters less than 6.0. (we are however running the latest service packs for 5.0.. 2A I believe).

CWB- Who's your provider for the Treo? Would that make any difference?? We have Verizon here. Are you networked? Tell me your secret! If you do have any insight that you can share, I would appreciate it!

Thank you both,
    ~Brenda
    I had this problem, but fixed it. You need the latest service pack to sync with the 650. Otherwise, it won't work. Go onto the Time Matters Service Center to download the latest service pack. It includes an update to comply with Palm's new conduits.

I also syned just fine with versions 4 and 5 of TimeMatters.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I have the latest release of version of Time matters professional edition- 5.2A. I did go to the site to see if there was something I was missing, but that's the latest one they have. I'm curious- I thought the Treo 650 just came out.. as in JUST. Is that not true?
    No, the Treo came out months ago. I think it was November. I'm guessing that Version 5 doesn't have the latest update for the new Palm conduit, and that you would need Version 6 to properly sync with the 650.

A possible work around to the problem would be if you have Outlook. You might be able to set the Treo to sync with Outlook, and then have Time Matters also sync with Outlook.

Time Matters has an email group you can sign up for through their website. You could get the correct answer to your problem there.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Could you guys be as kind to check to see what Palm OS you are running? Apparently the Treo 650 that we have is version 5.4 where the older Treo, the 600 is version 5.2. Does that matter? We can exchange the one we have, but time is running out in the next couple of days to do so.
    THANKS!
    ~B
    We have had limited success at synching the Treo 650 with TM 5.0 SR-2A Enterprise version. The Treo 650 comes with Hot Sync Manager 5. Try installing Hot Synch Manager 4 software - we got it from someone that has a Treo 600. You may lose some other conduit functionality, but nothing effecting Time Matters. (Time Matters told us we had to upgrade to version 7.0 because they no longer sell 6.0.) Good luck - it's hit and miss. I installed, uninstalled and warm reset my Treo 650 several times before it worked and then sometimes it's just "finicky."
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I finally upgraded to Time Matters 7.0. It works well with sync and has more customization then previous versions for the coice of data to sync. TM7.0 also has new conduits for syncing matters and billing records. For some reason it took me a long time to get it to work, no solution known, other then it just started working. That being said, the new conduits are nice, and somewhat simplistic. I wish it had more room for syncing entries, but I am sure later versions will be better.

In conclusion I do not think that the Treo stuff alone is worth the pricey upgrade to TM 7.0, however there are few other cool features, but I not Treo related.