1. KRC
    I have a virtually unused Cingular Treo 650 (35 minutes on timer, perfect condition including unremoved screen plastic guard) that I have ended up not using due to the availability of an alternative mobile e-mail/internet solution. I have switched the Cingular SIM card to a new Cingular mobile phone.

I plan to sell the Treo (ex SIM card) on ebay and want to make sure I identify it accurately. Having reviewed other listings, everything is pretty straightforward. Exception is locked vs. unlocked? How do I find this out for my particular unit?

For what it's worth, the Cingular store rep said I need to get my hands on a T-Mobile or Verizon SIM card to find out the "locked" status. He thought that about half the Cingular Treo's are unlocked. I'm obviously looking for an easier and more reliable answer to this question.

Also, welcome any other ebay posting tips.

Thanks
    If it is Cingular, assume it is locked unless you unlocked it.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    FYI Verizon does not use sim cards
    "Someone call the Whambulance"
    Photo Blog
    My Space
    Quote Originally Posted by KRC
    For what it's worth, the Cingular store rep said I need to get my hands on a T-Mobile or Verizon SIM card to find out the "locked" status. He thought that about half the Cingular Treo's are unlocked. I'm obviously looking for an easier and more reliable answer to this question.
    the only real way, is the above way.

there isnt a menu option, or a code option that will give u this option
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    99% for sure it is LOCKED. If the store rep told you about half of them they sell are unlocked he's simply a moron. If you bought it new from a Cingular store and YOU DIDN'T HAVE IT UNLOCKED then it's locked. You would certainly know if you did it. If he told you to look for a "Verizon Sim Card" he's definately a moron because there is no such thing.

Putting a T-Mobile SIm in it would tell you for certain, but if it says Cingular on the case, and you bought it from a Cingular store then it's LOCKED.
  6. KRC
    Thanks everyone for your thoughtful responses. Sounds like I have a locked Cingular Treo 650.