Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Does any software or combination of software exist which can provide a sync solution for keeping specific folder/folders synced to a handheld on a regular basis?

What I'd like to do is sync a certain directory on my file server which contains downloaded Internet radio shows. I'd like those shows to be automatically synced with my Treo the next time I sync, or, even better, I'd like the sync to happen automatically when I connect the hotsync cable.

The key is that it would automatically sync the contents of the desktop folder, rather than having to choose specific files to be transferred. It should also delete older files from the Treo which are no longer in the desktop folder (i.e. a one-way sync.)

So, can this be done?
    Yes, use an app called Bluesync. It actually backs up and syncs the entire SD card, but I think you can specify specific dir as well:

http://www.bluesquirrel.com/products/bluesync/

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Thanks for the suggestion, but bluesync only works on Windows. Bah. Anyone know of anything that'll do this for the Mac?
    Hmmm...sorry don't know about the mac. But do you have missing sync?

http://www.markspace.com/missingsync..._features.html

It will at least allow you to drag files easily to the card for simple transfers...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Yeah, I do have Missing Sync, but to sync files, I need to run the Missing Sync client app on my Treo, which exports the SD Card to my Mac. Then I need to browse to the folder I want to copy files from, and do the drag/drop thing (or do the copy operation from a shell.) I was hoping to make this more automatic.

I just submitted a feature request to the Markspace guys for auto-sync of folders, we'll see if they can do it. I was hoping something else might be out there in the mean time. If anyone else knows of something that'll do it, please let me know.