1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I've been in reset hell for a few weeks and tried just about everything without success. The only thing left is to start again and load my apps one by one from scratch.

What I need to know is how do I change the name of my Backup folder to begin that process? On my c: drive I have C:\Program Files\Handspring\MurrayJ\Backup. Do I just change the name of the backup folder to something like C:\Program Files\Handspring\MurrayJ\BackupOld and when I next do a Sync the device will create a whole new backup folder into which each new app wiill be added as I load them on again after doing a hard reset?

Thanks

John
    Ko Samet beach & a Treo650 - the perfectly connected stress free office
    John,
    Your statement is correct. Just rename the backup folder to something like backup_old, or backup_061205 (thats the date). Hard reset your 650 so that "only" the built-in apps are restored and resync your Treo. A new, clean backup folder will be created. Now, carefully add back any 3rd party apps. Was your Treo working normally prior to your trip to reset hell? Did the reset issues begin after installing a particular app?

CGordonn
    just drag your backup folder and drop it on you desktop and call it a day...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  4.    #4  
    Hey guy's,

Totally depressed. Went through the hassle of moving my backup folder, doing a hard reset and reinstalling 3rd party apps most essential to me only to start getting resets which appear to be related to the P1's Phone app!!

Has anyone ever seen error messages like the following (generated by Crash Pro) and if so what does it mean/how do I fix it?

"Crash on 13 Jun 2005, 9:40 pm

Crash was caused by Phone 1.0, with error Emul68KMain.c, Line:403, illegal instruction 047E at address 64008CE8"

or

"Crash on 13 Jun 2005, 10:44 pm

Crash was caused by Phone 1.0, with error Emul68KMain.c, Line:438, line 1010 exception at address 64008550"

Help?

John
    I would try to get a replacement. Are these the same errors you got before the hr ? You should have really hr and added no 3rd party apps for awhile and see if you get the same behavior first.. Then add apps one every couple of days so you can easily track down the culprit if it's not an hardware issue.. Hope this helps..
  6.    #6  
    Hi Donric609,

These errors are totally different to the type of errors I was getting before doing the Hard Reset and reinstalling some of the 3rd party apps.

As its related to the Phone app I'm assuming it has nothing to do with any of the 3rd party apps. Is that a reasonable assumption? If is is indeed the phone app (and not the phone app being corrupted by one of the 3rd party apps) then I guess the app is included on the ROM and there's not much I can do about it other than perhaps a Zero-Out Reset, wait for the new Firmware release or try to get a replacement from Palm. What do you think?

Should I try the Zero-Out reset and see if that fixes the problem? If it doesn't I can try to get a replacement from Palm and if that fails I'll just have to wait for the new firmware which I guess will overwrite the old phone app and therefore fix the problem?

John
    zero out reset and run like that with no 3rd party apps.. and see if it resolves.. if it doesn't then you need a replacement..
  8.    #8  
    Hi Donric609,

It's obvious now that I need to go back to the Zero-Out stage and live with the built in apps for a few days before re-introducing those 3rd party apps I REALLY need in their order of importance.

And I thought going with a Palm Smartphone would make life easier because there was so much 'compatible' software out there. What a load of c**p!!!!

Regards,

John
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Treo600
    ...3rd party apps I REALLY need in their order of importance...
    What are the REALLY needed apps your refering to? A bit more information on what your trying to accomplish will go along way in helping other TC members help you.

CGordonn
  10.    #10  
    Hi CGordonn,

The 3rd party apps I feel are "essential" probably constitute most of the 'main suspects' such as Agendus V9.05, Zlauncher V5.11, Backupman V1.54, ChatterEmail V1.0.6rc11 (Beta version so I should probably just load the guaranteed stable version!), Crash V2.18, SnapCalc 5.6.3 and Snap V0.2.5-build #192 (loaded this to try and get a screenshot of some of the crashes), SoundRec V1.07d, WorldMate V10.0 and Xino V3.4.1E.

It's obvious now that I need to go back to the Zero-Out stage and live with the built in apps for a few days before re-introducing those 3rd party apps I REALLY need in their order of importance.

And I thought going with a T650 (no longer running a 600 as my user name would suggest) would make life easier because there was so much 'compatible' software out there. What a load of c**p!!!!

Regards,

John
    PS. Anyone know how I can change my username to something which doesn't inply I'm still using a 600?