1.    #1  
    the connection inside my headphone jack is dead. the adapter almost slips right out without the "click" of it being in place. this is the 2nd time this has happened to me, the first time i was still under sprint's replacement program so they replaced it for free but now i'm not. if i try to open it up could i sorta bend the connectors or something inside to get a better connection????
    Quote Originally Posted by morphiend
    the connection inside my headphone jack is dead. the adapter almost slips right out without the "click" of it being in place. this is the 2nd time this has happened to me, the first time i was still under sprint's replacement program so they replaced it for free but now i'm not. if i try to open it up could i sorta bend the connectors or something inside to get a better connection????
    Your 1st Treo was warranted for a year per the manufacturer; the second unit is warranted for 6 months from the time it was activated to your account. Check with Sprint and find out when Treo #2 was activated; it may still be under warranty.

Good Luck
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    scandalex is right. You should never be afraid to go see what they will do for you. Good Luck!
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Does this happen to alot of people? This just happened to me and I'm quite upset because this is one of my main uses for the Treo and I REALLY don't want to drive 1/2 to the nearest Sprint store, have them tell me I can't get a new, have to wait on hold for 3 hours on Sprint CS, have to call PalmOne, jump through 50 hoops ect it just really sucks

Now theres a run-on sentance for ya. Its just wierd I've owned probobly 50 devices with a headphone jack and this is obviously the most expensive, but this is the one that breaks and not my $30 CD player or something.

I tried using an exacto knife on the Radio Shack adapter and I ordered the official palmone adapter, but I'm getting the static and it only plays on one side of the sterio.

There isn't any fixes for this is there? It worked fine untill a couple days ago.

edit: sorry I did a search I just assumed this was the 650 forum, help would still be appreciated though. I have a 650.