1.    #1  
    I just purchased the Motorola HS805 bluetooth headset, it's the one that uses a AAA battery. Not too bad.

The HS805 paired on the second attempt and continued to do so after that. Pairing took about 30 seconds.

Transfer/connection time is fast. When experimenting with voice mail, it transferred before the voice mail prompt began. Answer time was after the first ring.

Comfort - fits on the ear ok, does not flop around. I am keeping the Motorola HS850 and will be using the HS805 as a backup, for those times when the rechargale battery dies on the HS850, which it did one day after 14 hours of fairly heavy use.

Ben
    hows the voice quality and volume? please share.. i've been thinking about getting this too
  3.    #3  
    The voice quality and volume - from my side it was the same as the HS850 - very clear and loud enough - I had to turn it down, which took a couple of presses for me to get to a comfortable level. I do suggest putting tape on the end - the microphone is on the underside of the unit and almost at the end. Tape does a good job of killing the "wind" noise. On the HS850 I put a mic sock on it to add a bit more muffle reduction.

Had the experience not been as good so far with the HS805, I would have purchased a spare HS820. It does lack the ability to answer and terminate calls with the MFB. I initially thought I really needed the feature (HS820 has it), but so far with the HS850, I have not really missed it.

Having had the "dying notification" twice now with the Motorola HS850, I do not look forward a headset ready to go. In addition, these things are so light that after a while I forget it is even on the ear. It is just amazing how I now have no desire to hold the phone up to talk or to use a wired headset. What they all need though is "gain control."

Ben