1.    #1  
    Found this site

AudioFeast

and it looked pretty interesting.

To this point I haven't bothered to try PocketTunes...I either listen to my car stereo or my stereo at home, didn't see the point of having portable tunes elsewhere. (In college I never saw the point of a Walkman!)

Now I've moved across the country AND gone through a few changes in my daily routine . It might be nice to listen to some of my favorite NPR shows (like Talk of the Nation's Science Friday...unavailable here in the Tampa Bay area) while walking the dog. This seems like just the ticket.

I have TCPMP installed on my Treo 650 (as well as the included RealPlayer...arrgh, I may go the Shadowmite route soon)...just wondering if this looks like a reasonable fit for what I would like to do. Or am I making things overly complex by subscribing to a service when there might be a way of doing this myself? You can listen to programs at the NRP site, but I can't figure out a way to download them. Or do I really need Pocket Tunes? Is it all about the ability to find content in a format your player can handle? I'm a bit confused by all the different formats.

Many thanks,

A multimedia newbie
    Exterminate!

Palm Pilot-> Palm Pilot 1MG upgrade-> Palm IIIx-> Visor Deluxe-> Visor Prism-> Clie N610c-> Verizon Kyocera 7135-> Verizon Treo 600-> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Diamond
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    First off, Welcome to the Bay Area. Best thing I can tell you is get some kind of water craft while you live here. Second, I believe you can find NPR 90.7, I think, or one of those stations in this area of radio dial. Next up I would go search at Treobits shoutcast section. You should be able to find NPR there.

Good luck
  3.    #3  
    ...is at 89.7 but for some reason the local NPR affiliate does not offer the entire range of programming. And the reception here at home is really crappy.

Bigger NPR affliates, like WJCT (Jacksonville) provide a few more of the informational shows. Maybe I'll look for something like that!

Thanks, and it's great to be back home in Florida! My family is learning to appreciate the opportunities for outdoor fun. Even the dog is happy with the number and quality of the dog parks.
    Exterminate!

Palm Pilot-> Palm Pilot 1MG upgrade-> Palm IIIx-> Visor Deluxe-> Visor Prism-> Clie N610c-> Verizon Kyocera 7135-> Verizon Treo 600-> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Diamond
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I was downloading an audiobook from audible.com and saw Science Friday as one of their subscription downloads. You can load things from audible to the Treo so this might be what you are looking for/

I'm from the Bay area too... have you checked out the dog beaches yet? There's a great one at Ft. Desoto and another one on Davis Island in Tampa.
  5.    #5  
    I tried Audible, and had a hard time with the Audible software. Got it to work only once.

I downloaded iPodder, then found a Science Friday subscription link. I'm also trying out Pocket Tunes.

Yes, it was the Ft. DeSoto dogpark we visted the other day. How cool is that?
    Last edited by Verngator; 06/14/2005 at 08:25 AM.
    Exterminate!