1.    #1  
    I just bought a 650 (my first palm device) from VZN. I'm trying to set up the email application to fetch my four email accounts (2 imap, 2 pop), but I can't find where to set up the accounts. I know this is a silly question, but it seems like this should be pretty obvious. I flipped through the menus in the Mail application and there isn't anything about setting up accounts in the preferences.

Thanks,
    Kurt
    Sorry, but on the VZW version there is no email program with which to do that. What they have is Wireless Sync, which IMHO, is useless. You're going to need a third party program, and the 2 very best are Snappermail www.snappermail.com/ and Chattermail http://www.chatteremail.com/. They are different yet the same, as in evverything it depends on your needs. Good luck
    Actually, the email program on the Verizon device WILL do that - you just need to set up your account online, at www.wirelesssync.vzw.com - it can support up to 4 (I think) pop and IMAP accoutns. Good luck.

(Chatter and Snapper are both good - I just wanted to clarify that Wireless Sync can do what you want)
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    The versamail is on the Verizon CD. I am using it with both my work IMAP and home pop accounts. I had it crash couple of times, but it's good enough for me. I only check my email from it couple times a week.
  5.    #5  
    Both Snapper and Chatter seem full-featured. Are there any big obvious differences that I should know about? Is one the clear leader as far as rapid development, bugs, etc? Does one have better IMAP or POP support?

Thanks,
    kurt
    Quote Originally Posted by kman42
    Both Snapper and Chatter seem full-featured. Are there any big obvious differences that I should know about? Is one the clear leader as far as rapid development, bugs, etc? Does one have better IMAP or POP support?

Thanks,
    kurt
    Chatter is the king of IMAP. He (Marc) also has a forum on this site and is very helpful. Releases frequent upgrades as well.

If you just need POP, Snapper will do.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."