1.    #1  
    This is amazing...
    It is by ftech and sold by semson...
    It is called Solar7..
    Charge lasts for 30 hours and of course there are now no wires at all!!!
    Mapopolis works great in conjunction with it...
    I just got a 2gb sd card and loaded the entire US onto the card so now all I need is just the one card...
    Mapopolis takes up 1 gb and the rest can be used for anything...
    GPS started up almost instantaneously..
    It costs 130 bux, but well worth the price...

The GPS cost 130 bucks? ones I was looking at yesterday were much more then that.

I just got an Audi A3 and was kind of mad I did not wait to order one and get nav so I was kind of happy I could do it this way.. gonna have to look into this model.

PS my mom grew up in colts neck
    Could you post put a post to where you got this?

Thanks
    post a link please
    Y'all are some lazy mofos. He already stated which kind and where to buy from!!

http://www.semsons.com/soblgpsspofa.html
    Treo Moblog: http://nudle.textamerica.com
    Sorry if this question is stupid, but, does this include the software for the Treo?
    Idea (solar) is good. However, this particular implementation does have some negatives: 1) it's huge compared to other BT GPS units because the solar panels need more surface area, and 2) instead of using the SirfStar III chipset, it uses a trimble chipset that only tracks 8 sats (the SirfStar III tracks 20). A good idea that could be much better with a smaller footprint and better chipset.
  8.    #8  
    Well...
    It sits in the sun on my dash and is approximately2 by 4 inches in measuremnt...
    I don't think that is too large...
    Works great so far...
  9.    #9  
    It does not come with software...
    The Mapopolis whole USA sd card was 100 bux I think...
  10.    #10  
    What is your mom's last name?????
  11.    #11  
    My avatar is actually a picture of my mom...
    I was thinking about getting this GPS, but the 8-channel limit concerned me. Right now I've got an ancient Radio Shack DigiTraveler which has more channels than that. I do like the idea of leaving it under the windshield all the time and never needing to plug it in, but I'm also concerned that getting prolonged direct sun (especially with the hot weather upon us) would end up damaging the unit. I seem to recall reading that the manual may even suggest that you not leave it out in the sun for prolonged periods of time. That would kind of kill the main advantage of the unit, IMO.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.