Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Marc,

    I like the mini-browser that is loaded with a quick back button. Definitely more convenient. I notice that html images seem to be about 2x width of the screen, but the text portion is squeezed into one screen width. This is generally good because it prevents the hair-pulling task of scrolling side to side to read things. Is the double-wide images display a result of the way you have interfaced with Blazer? Also, can you have your browser interface display in the same font that is used within Chatter OR Blazer? I have both set to display in small fonts, but the interface version that displays within Chatter will only show in the standard Palm font.

    Also, the "Auto Load HTML version" option in message view prefs states that, when selected, messages with text and HTML will automatically have the html loaded, presumably in the browser interface. This does not seem to work for me. Even when checked, ALL my messages appear as before and I have to manually select load html in the menu or at the bottom of the message. Am I doing something wrong, did I misunderstand, or something else?

    Thanks for feedback/assistance with these.
  2. #2  
    I have the same problem as far as auto loading html. Also I have gotten a few resets when replying to mail. After the reset dialing ##377 shows chatter. I have not had any resets from chatter previously so not sure what that's all about. After it resets it does finish sending the mail which is a good thing I guess because I don't have to retype my reply.
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  3. #3  
    donric609 - Not sure about resets; I haven't seen any yet myself. When you say "when replying to mail", at what point does it reset? Maybe you should start logging and send a log after a reset happens...

    talkin73 - I'm not sure what you're seeing. Do these messages have "HTML Version" as an "attachment"?

    Marc
  4. #4  
    Marc at the point of the resets I'm really not sure what point because I usually don't look at it. I started a log as you suggested and will send when it occurs again. Also do you think email priority will be added soon because I hate having to use versa just for emails that I need to send as urgent. Thanx for the quick reply..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    donric609 - Not sure about resets; I haven't seen any yet myself. When you say "when replying to mail", at what point does it reset? Maybe you should start logging and send a log after a reset happens...

    talkin73 - I'm not sure what you're seeing. Do these messages have "HTML Version" as an "attachment"?

    Marc
    Marc, no there are no html version attachments. But, some emails have the option to view html (in menu and at bottom of the message itself when viewing the message). I assumed that the auto loading of html would mean that messages written with html would be viewed this way when I open them in message view... ie; images, graphs, etc would be seen like when it opens in Blazer. If that is not what the "auto load html" means, can you clarify?

    Also, any word on the font issue when loading the blazer interface to manually see html versions of the email? Still holding out for incorporation of html as part of the default for message viewing (fingers crossed you will add this for those of us not staying "online" at all times!)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    I have the same problem as far as auto loading html. Also I have gotten a few resets when replying to mail. After the reset dialing ##377 shows chatter. I have not had any resets from chatter previously so not sure what that's all about. After it resets it does finish sending the mail which is a good thing I guess because I don't have to retype my reply.
    So, if you get messages pushed to your Treo that have html in them and you check the box to auto load html, when you open the messages, the html features (images, charts, frames, etc) are not displayed?
  7. #7  
    That's correct and when I click on html format it then opens up blazer and loads the page.
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  8. #8  
    donric, talkin, et al...

    The issue is actually very complicated, indeed ridiculously so. Depending on how the message was composed AND on the way your server implements IMAP, I can get different results when messages are loaded:

    1) A message in two "parts" (one text and one html). In this case, there is a fake attachment presented called "HTML version" that can be auto-loaded and presented in Blazer (eventually in Chatter; give it 2-3 weeks optimistically).

    2) A message in one MIXED part (first text and first html). In THIS case, I only load the text and ignore the HTML altogether (which will change eventually)

    3) A message that's ENTIRELY html, which is probably the case you're seeing. In this case, a "Load More" is still needed before going to Blazer.

    I'm going to make cases #2 and #3 more like #1 (i.e. auto-loadable), and I'm also going to render HTML directly within Chatter.

    Marc
  9. #9  
    marc I sent you a log...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    donric, talkin, et al...

    The issue is actually very complicated, indeed ridiculously so. Depending on how the message was composed AND on the way your server implements IMAP, I can get different results when messages are loaded:

    1) A message in two "parts" (one text and one html). In this case, there is a fake attachment presented called "HTML version" that can be auto-loaded and presented in Blazer (eventually in Chatter; give it 2-3 weeks optimistically).

    2) A message in one MIXED part (first text and first html). In THIS case, I only load the text and ignore the HTML altogether (which will change eventually)

    3) A message that's ENTIRELY html, which is probably the case you're seeing. In this case, a "Load More" is still needed before going to Blazer.

    I'm going to make cases #2 and #3 more like #1 (i.e. auto-loadable), and I'm also going to render HTML directly within Chatter.

    Marc
    Outstanding to hear this is on the slate... I eagerly await this feature. If messages viewed in Chatter appeared like they do when loaded in Blazer, this would be ideal.

    On a different note, Marc, this version seems extremely stable to me. I have essentially no issues or hiccups using the manual quicksync feature as my default. I'm going to try the always online again soon to see how it works for me. My previous problem was battery life, mostly, so I'm particularly interested in that aspect. Thanks for the constant improvements.
  11. #11  
    Messages in Chatter will appear as they do in Blazer, but without Blazer. At least, that's the theory...

    Marc
  12. #12  
    Viewing HTML is a feature I also am eagerly awaiting!
    And for the record... battery life with 1.0.6.2 seems to be extremely better.

    Thanks Marc and may HTML be as easy as figuring out AOL!
  13. #13  
    Marc did you get the log or did I do something wrong ?
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  14. #14  
    I sent you a reply - did you not get it??
  15. #15  
    No I didn't get the reply..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.

Posting Permissions