1.    #1  
    Anybody got any idea how to track down why my Treo 650 is just hanging during hotsync when syncing calendar???

If I set hotsync to 'do nothing' for calendar, it gets through fine.

---

I am really, really disappointed in my T650 so far. I know it is just software but there is like no support from Palm or the carriers (Sprint in my case). Just us users. I am missing separate devices...I had no issues.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I have the exact same issue- anybody have a fix for this one?
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    this happened with my T5 too and only went away after a hard reset..
    Do a search here for Dbscan. DL and run. Voila... problem fixed. Worked for me!!
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    Do a search here for Dbscan. DL and run. Voila... problem fixed. Worked for me!!
    dbscan did not work for me. But I deleted calendar dbs from my palm then sync'd.

Now LauncherX is resetting on certain tab hits or scrolling...these things worked just fine on my Tungsten T for three years.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    Newest version of DB scan makes my treo reset! I am reluctant to delete my calendar db though!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Same issue encountered here. Had to disable both "Tasks" and "Calendar" conduits from syncing with Outlook in order to get any successful hotsync at all. Dbscan versions haven't corrected it, undupe neither.

My best understanding is it's a problem with the "data manager" patch that Palm uses to sync the legacy addressdb to the "new and improved" (huh?) contacts database that is in the newer devices. It's being referred to as the "datamangler," and you can search the web under that name for more insight.

As much as I want to go back to the Treo 600 for it's speed, stability, compatibility, and memory architecture, I'm kinda stuck with the 650 now (the higher-res screen is addictive, and god knows how to get the databases back to 600 compatibility).

I think that the only solution to Datamangler at the moment is to just set those bombing-out conduits to "do not sync" and live with crippled access to your information until PalmOne

1) acknowledges the issue and
    2) produces a reliable fix for it.

If past experience is a guide, don't hold your breath for either.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Most likely your calendar and tasks db's etc have been corrupted. If DBscan does not work to solve this issue, then most probably you will have to delete the calendar/tasks db's and then resync. However make sure you backup your databases before doing anything!!! I also recommend you export the data from the PD as an extra precaution...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions