Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    alrighty then...

I was browsing ebay a couple nights ago and I seen this carbon fiber wanna be look skins for the 650 and I was wondering how they'd look so I went ahead and ordered a set.

well, here's what I got:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ozziegn1/treo650skin1.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ozziegn1/treo650skin2.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ozziegn1/treo650skin3.jpg

-half of me likes the new look and the other half of me says I've riced my phone out.

so you guys (and gals) be the judge. does my phone look decent or have I crossed over to rice land?
    I think it looks good.

My .02
    Unlocked -1.51---117-CNG
    Handspring Deluxe w/phone->Treo 180->Treo 650
    Looks great!

How about a URL to the vendor on eBay?
    I think you should do something about the default screen your using. Anyone willing to do that to their phone would surely have customized the settings by now.
    Looks sharp - hows the texture, does it make your Treo less slippery?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    hows the texture, does it make your Treo less slippery?
    the skin is made from vinyl material so its still pretty slippery.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDave
    Looks great!

How about a URL to the vendor on eBay?
    here's a link to one of the seller's auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...781306296&rd=1
    Wow, I think that looks great!

I would have never thought that from the auction on eBay. Great find, by my book.
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    nah, but you really showed bad taste by your choice of words in the title of the thread
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I like it. Was it hard to put on?
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    nah, but you really showed bad taste by your choice of words in the title of the thread
    oh please, get a life.

my thread's title using the words "riced out" isnt/wasnt intended to offend anyone.

Jesus man, I suppose that you're the type of person who easily gets offended when people talk about cars by mentioning something about rice burners.

good God man, its all in clean fun. if you take it in any other way than that, then you have some serious issues that need to be resolved within yourself.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyV
    Was it hard to put on?
    not really.

I just had to make sure it was centered. oh, and I also had to watch out for air bubbles.

other than that, it was a breeze.
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    Yeah get a life! Once we Rice our Treos, we can drive our slammed Ricers down to the hood, maybe eat some chicken and ribs with the brothas, yo?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by ozziegn
    so you guys (and gals) be the judge. does my phone look decent or have I crossed over to rice land?
    I think it looks silly, but that's just me. But what I really want to know is, just where exactly is Rice Land?

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    But what I really want to know is, just where exactly is Rice Land?
    rice land is where all the "yo-yo's" hang out with the 4 cylinder "rice burner" cars.

you know, the kinds of cars that sound like 15 million bumble bees being tortured (sp?) to death inside a moving vehicle.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!

thats where rice land is.
    1. rice burner
    n. 1. Originally coined by oldschool bikers in the early 80's, a derogatory and borderline rascist term used to describe Japanese and other import motorcycles which were not Harley Davidsons or made in the USA.

good God man, its all in clean fun. if you take it in any other way than that, then you have some serious issues that need to be resolved within yourself.

This should not be looked on as "good clean fun" at all. If you can't think of a better way to discribe something, then the problem is yours.

What's wrong with TC this weekend?
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    besides that, it is YOUR treo what do you care what we think about its looks
    Ahhh...I thought maybe Rice Land was next to Jewerland, or Spicland. Thanx for the clarification.

There aren't any of them Coloreds over there, are there?

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Ahhh...I thought maybe Rice Land was next to Jewerland, or Spicland. Thanx for the clarification.

Same general location.